The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Being over 60, the gradual weight gain has gone round my middle. If you've been on the 5:2 for a while can you give me hope that I will see that flab disappear?
I'm just about to turn 60, and all the weight I carry is on my tummy. I'm hoping to lose it too, but haven't been doing it long enough to answer your question.
At least we know that body fat will be reduced over time if we continue to fast.
Hi Jazzbird/Bellalou - I'm coming up for 56 - I've lost 4" off my waist so far, but still got a way to go - I need to get below that 50% of height figure! It's going slowly but surely, which I'm quite happy with - I don't expect to get rid of it all, but just want to be as far below that 50% figure as possible. Good luck :)
Started 5:2 in August. Approaching my 55th birthday! I was a 38 trouser waist, although was starting to strain, now comfortably in 32" trousers and aiming for 30" by summer. So yes! it will disappear. Also down from 17 shirt collar to 15.5. Good luck. let us know how it goes.
Yes, I've lost at least 5 inches off my waist so far (not entirely sure cos I didn't get a baseline measurement).
I started in Aug also and I’m 48 years old, I was a very tight 34. I need a belt with a 32 now and I'm sure my next trousers will be a 30.
Hi Jazzbird,

I have been doing this since about September last year, I am 65 and have now lost 7 inches from my waist so, yes, you will get there. Good luck and stay focused. The trick is to find a way that suits you and your body, mind and lifestyle.

Ballerina x
Yeeees! I'm 62 and all my podge was round my middle. I started 5:2 last August with a 32" waist. I now just do 6:1 and measure 27" and I'm going out this afternoon with a tee shirt tucked into jeans for the first time in over 10 years. Stick at it girls - we're the Bus Pass Babes :lol:
:D Such positive replies! Thanks everyone. Bus Pass Babes unite!

Jazzbird
4th fast day tomorrow and reading these replies has helped me to look forward to it. Tummy area has always been my problem.
So thanks everyone.
Not only have I lost about 4" from my waist - been on it since 8 January, but I had one thickened ankle! ONE. Only could happen to me. I am delighted to say I have seen this horrible cankle get slimmer again.
11 posts Page 1 of 1