The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Yesterday was fast number 3, today was an early start for work so for breakfast I had 2 x Wholemeal Bread slices and 2 poached eggs. Lunchtime at work was a low calorie ready meal with chicken and rice. I was so hungry by the time I got home I had a couple of crumpets and then for dinner I've had a small homemade pizza made with a pizza dough mix.

For the last couple of hours (since dinner) I've been feeling quite nauseous and had horrible stomach cramps. I'm wondering if fast days can highlight a problem with a food intolerance or if I've just overdone it on the carbs today. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?
I think I heard that some people have found this. It could be the carbs or gluten or just over filling! If I don't make an effort to reduce my portion sizes on the day after a fast I get a sore stomach. Pashcaline says she has found restricting carbs helps to prevent stomach problems.

They do say that 1 in 4 people have gluten intolerance and it could well be that fasting and keeping off gluten for a day would result in an overreaction to gluten when reintroduced.

I suggest experimenting with reducing portion sizes, then general reduction of carbs and finally keeping off gluten over your next days after fasts and see if you can spot a connection!
Makes sense Carorees. The fact that my tummy is still sore now has made me decide to do another fast day tomorrow to let my whole digestive system settle down. Friday I'll introduce food gently in the hope that I start to feel better. Thanks for the advice.
3 posts Page 1 of 1