The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Roy Walford
04 Mar 2013, 09:28
Many thanks to Jennings for making reference to Roy Walford in his Fasting Journal thread.
Walford sounded like an extremely interesting character on many fronts. The following link shows why:
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lance ... 3/fulltext
I think it's particularly interesting that the subject of calorie restriction and links to longevity isn't new science. Walford had an interest and prior to him Clive McCay was on the case back in 1935 and maybe others before him?
Re: Roy Walford
04 Mar 2013, 10:38
Another interesting youtube link featuring an interview with Mark Mattson, sorry I mean Roy Walford, from 1984! (link courtesy of Jennings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEZzp3czvyY
Re: Roy Walford
04 Mar 2013, 11:31
Thanks for these.

Did I read that Mark Mattson had been involved in the biosphere 2 project with Roy Walford? Or was it the experiences of Roy Walford that inspired him to investigate calorie restriction?
3 posts Page 1 of 1