The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Measuring tips?
05 Mar 2013, 10:11
Hi all,

New here. Just finished second fast day and had a very welcome breakfast of weetabix and banana this morn! Going well so far though.

I was just wondering what everyone's measuring methods are. The term 'waist' seems rather vague - thinnest part, round your belly button, between belly and ribs etc. I know that different areas can tell you about different types of fat but just wondering what everyone goes for and why?

Also do you breathe in or out when doing waist measurements? This can vary my measurements by up to 2 inches! (Hence I quite like to breathe in :wink: )

Which other body areas do people find most useful to measure and keep track of?

Lorra love,

Rach xx
Re: Measuring tips?
05 Mar 2013, 10:52
Hi Rachel

Did you see this guide to measuring your waist that I posted in the Frequently Asked Questions board: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1019?

I just measure at the thinnest part which is just above my tummy button (I'm pear shaped so it is fairly easy to spot my waist luckily). I have found that 'sucking in my stomach' doesn't actually make the measurement any different from just standing straight (though obviously it is thinner than when pushing my tummy out)!! Like all these things, really the best thing is to choose a way of measuring and do that every time. After all, you can only suck yourself in so much, so even if the measurement is artificially low, any reduction next time must be real!
05 Mar 2013, 10:56
has anyone else noticed how cold the tape measure is first thing in the morning. I brace myself, hold my breath and measure. The good news is this morning I could see that I have lost 2" from my waist.woohoo !
08 Mar 2013, 14:19
carorees - that diagram is brilliant, and so intricate! Thanks for the tip.

cuddly - i know what you mean about the cold tape measure. But congrats on your 2 inch loss! Must be worth the moment of icy plastic wrapped round your middle.

xx
4 posts Page 1 of 1