The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Cakes!
05 Mar 2013, 11:27
Just tucking into a cream cake (someones birthday in the office and I just happen to be in today) with no guilt whatsoever! Fasted yesterday and know I can have what I fancy today with no serious consequences.

Love this WOE :grin:
Re: Cakes!
05 Mar 2013, 11:31
No guilt! It's a great feeling.
That's what makes this WOE so good....
Enjoy your non fast day. X
05 Mar 2013, 17:53
Dom't cakes just taste soooooooo much better when you have consciously chosen to eat and enjoy one, rather than stuffing one (or more!) down with feelings of guilt?
05 Mar 2013, 21:07
Now I had to open a thread called cakes! My fast was Monday, then today I made a special cake for all our staff as we opened a long awaited new lab and office for our business today and we had to celebrate! We always celebrate with home made cake, what could be better?
05 Mar 2013, 21:11
Mmm...planning to make a lemon drizzle cake tomorrow! We are overflowing with eggs! Chickens in full production!
05 Mar 2013, 21:11
StowgateResident wrote: Dom't cakes just taste soooooooo much better when you have consciously chosen to eat and enjoy one, rather than stuffing one (or more!) down with feelings of guilt?

So so true!!
I am a pastry chef and this WOE is perfect for me too. I need to taste my products for quality control you see? :wink:
05 Mar 2013, 21:14
Haha, I remember my second week of 5:2, I baked a victoria sponge which I ate over the course of the week. Granted it wasn't a very big one but the lack of guilt tasted so good!

Last week I had a real hankering for cake and made some chocolate cupcakes with chocolate orange fudge icing... they didn't last long. I had a bit of help eating those though ;)

Love cake? Love 5:2!
7 posts Page 1 of 1