The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
After dinner binges
06 Mar 2013, 08:37
Any one got any tips to help stop yourself binge eating in the evening? Or any time of day.

I can usually go all day easily without eating but once i'v had dinner i find it hard to control myself and end up pigging out.

I do this most evenings, wither fasting or not.

Help!
Re: After dinner binges
06 Mar 2013, 09:29
My weight gain is a result of evening snacking. On my fast day I eat sultana bran, which I find rather bland and does not seem to trigger off 'what can I have next'. I try not to eat anything until 8pm and then treat my bowl of bran as my evening 'snack' even though it is the only thing that I eat all day.

I have found that on non fast days I am still snacking in the evening but now getting aggravated with myself. I have started telling myself after thinking what can I have next that I don't actually have to eat anything next. I don't need to make up for what I havn't eaten on fast days and don't have to cram in all my treats in one go. I am now limiting myself to one snack in the evenings on non fast days and none when I am fasting.

Good luck in controlling your binges, I know that it is hard but try to focus on controlling your binges on fast days first. You will feel fantastic the following day.
06 Mar 2013, 09:31
06 Mar 2013, 09:34
Demi wrote: Any one got any tips to help stop yourself binge eating in the evening? Or any time of day.

I can usually go all day easily without eating but once i'v had dinner i find it hard to control myself and end up pigging out.

Put the kitchen to bed after you've eaten and don't go back in there.
06 Mar 2013, 09:37
PhilT wrote:
Demi wrote: Any one got any tips to help stop yourself binge eating in the evening? Or any time of day.

Put the kitchen to bed after you've eaten and don't go back in there.

No can do, we've got a bloody open plan kitchen / living room!!! lol
06 Mar 2013, 09:41
Blinkers?! ;)
06 Mar 2013, 09:43
Separate lighting you can turn off ? Kiddie gate ? LOL. Reminds me never to have anywhere like that.
06 Mar 2013, 09:51
Actually the kitchen light has gone out and needs a new one.

Maybe some kind of electric shock therapy would work. I could get a tazor or something and get my husband to zap me when ever i eat too much.

I'v heard of putting an elastic band on your wrist then pinging it to distract yourself when you feel like eating. I will try that.
06 Mar 2013, 10:10
That's a bit like the thing Paul McKenna advises of tapping the back of your hand isn't it?
06 Mar 2013, 11:11
Stick photos of yourself at your biggest all around the kitchen!
10 posts Page 1 of 1