The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Fish and chips, fail...
06 Mar 2013, 18:27
It's a feed day, I'm on my own, I did a fab exercise class at lunchtime and decided to have some lovely fish and chips as a treat for tea.

I could only eat about half, had to leave the batter and put the chips in the fridge. Too salty for the dogs to eat...I nearly took a picture of how good these chips looked and nope, can't eat them, full now. I used to love that full feeling, now it's like owning a brick.

Looks like my virtual gastric band is out in full force! :cool:
Re: Fish and chips, fail...
06 Mar 2013, 20:45
Ha ha, know what you mean! Feeling very full today but eaten well below TDEE (and that included a glass of wine).
06 Mar 2013, 21:12
Have now ate a few cold chips & chucked the rest.

Really posted this to say hang in there if you're struggling. I've done every diet going but never had to chuck chips away before. It does change your way of eating, given time.
06 Mar 2013, 21:18
I was like that yesterday!! I thought I ate very reasonably, and was definitely way overfull after both meals
07 Mar 2013, 17:17
I have always loved sweet things, and on my Monday fast day, I fantasised about eating cake on Tuesday. I looked at some when I was in Sainsbury's, but I really didn't want one. I too find I get full quite quickly, and have no inclination to continue eating after I feel full - I used to be able to, and I could always manage pudding. When we eat out, we usually go to a great tapas bar, and we tend to have the same dishes every time. Last time, we ordered less food, but couldn't finish. The owner was quite concerned there was something wrong with the food (I think asking to take the leftovers home reassured him!) I can honestly say, this unexpected aspect of fasting is a huge bonus.
Pat
5 posts Page 1 of 1