The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Second fast for me
07 Mar 2013, 18:50
Going much easier than my first (Tuesday). Pretty much not hungry, no headache. I have been a little light headed-an experience I had during my first week of Weight Watchers last year. I continue on WW on my non-fast days, since it's sensible and I like it. We'll see how it goes!
Re: Second fast for me
07 Mar 2013, 21:28
Hi sdgore and welcome
I am just on week 4 and so far so good!!!!!!
I have found that each fast has become easier and I hope you will too
I agree with you about eating sensibly on feed days....and in general I do.....odd treat here and there...unfortunately I had food related events this week and perhaps wasnt as good as I should have been but hoping I have nt done too much damage!!!
Why I really love this WOE is that I dont look at it as a diet?....no deprivation...no guilt....thats why I hope I will be able to continue this long term.....before if I had had as much as one biscuit over my points or a calorie too much (depending on which of my 'diets' I was on !)I would throw my hands in the air and think 'thats it Ive blown it for this week'....but after being away Monday and Tuesday this week and definitely over eating...I still didnt feel that way...will just do my 2 fasts as normal.....What I worry about for you is that trying to combine 2 diets/WOE plans together is .. you might start feeling deprived? but more importantly your WW points wotever, are calculated so that you will loose weight therefore must be calculated to lower your kcal intake? .. then you add in 2 fast days so you are down on kcal again....theres a more nerdy thread that will be able to help you with whether this is wise or not...I am absolutely no expert on this ....just wondering if its a good approach?
no matter what you decide, I hope it all works for you and welcome on board :smile:
08 Mar 2013, 15:34
Thanks Virginia. The problem was, with pretty much attention to plan, I was on a plateau on WW since last summer, after losing 43ish pounds. So I needed something to jolt the system- we'll see if this is it!
08 Mar 2013, 15:45
Hi there, I'm very new to this as well; started Monday and just finished my second fast yesterday. I'm really confused.... before I began the FD, I would have a protein shake (whey, chia seeds, flax, berries etc.) and 1 oz. of raw nuts. When I ate this (every weekday morning), it was very filling, but when I have it the day after after my fast, it doesn't fill me up at all! I'm sitting here an hour later and I'm shaking, meanwhile I don't shake when I'm fasting. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Also, does anyone know if Stevia is okay to have in my tea during my fasting days (no calories, no carbs, no sugar)? Thanks very much!
08 Mar 2013, 17:36
I'm on the 2nd feast day, in bed with hot sweats and headache. Have only managed water, two slices of toast :-( not sure this is due to yesterday's fast or something else. I have the weekend to recover and fasting Monday. Really hope I don't get this on Tuesday again!
08 Mar 2013, 23:24
Hopeful...it takes a couple of fast days for your body to get used to fasting. I used too feel really odd on the morning after a fast, stomach felt sore, until I discovered I was eating too much at breakfast!

Want a stone to go...I don't think its due to the fast...you wouldn't get a fever due to fasting, sounds like an illness. I'd take a painkiller and get some rest. Hope you feel better soon.
09 Mar 2013, 02:19
Thank you carorees! You are awesome at quick responses!
7 posts Page 1 of 1