The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Woke up hungry!
11 Mar 2013, 10:11
It's not even 10am yet and I've already considered breaking my fast today. I know if I do it is no big deal and I could just have a feed day and try again tomorrow. However, I don't want to do that. Part of this change in eating habits for me is trying to improve my willpower. After all, I should be able to control my urge to eat for ONE day shouldn't I. So I am stubbornly determined to fast today, no excuses! It's just been a hard morning! I woke up ravenously hungry which almost never happens to me. I will have some soup at lunch, but even that seems so far away right now. I was wondering if my hunger was caused by yesterday's excess. I ate a lot as it was Mother's Day. It is as if my body remembered all the food I had yesterday and is begging/expecting more of the same today! I nearly caved in giving the baby breakfast I was so hungry! Can't even go out a walk to distract me as little ones buggy is still in the car and my partner has taken it to work! That and the snow is really deep! Hoping this intense hunger passes soon! So what do you think, is it because of what I ate yesterday? Has anyone else had this? Sorry for the moaning! Need to get my positivity back, as I am seeing results despite today's hunger!
Re: Woke up hungry!
11 Mar 2013, 10:20
Hi...

I'm fasting today too.. This is my 2nd week and what i learnt from last week is to stop eating yesterday earlier... So my last meal was at 4pm.. Today i've drank herbal tea and water and still don't feel hungry.

I also swear by Psyllium Husks which is a natural soluble fibre you drink 30 mins before or after food.. As i'm not eating bread at the moment it fills me up and acts as a good colon cleanser too.

If you can't go out.. Have you tried an exercise workout, there.s loads of free ones through youtube if you haven't got I've to hand. it'll keep your mind off the pangs of hunger then you'll really enjoy that soup at lunch!

Good luck and stay strong.. Think about the results.. and your feed days!

:clover:
11 Mar 2013, 10:25
I'm sure it is yesterday's food, especially the sugar in the mother's day chocs etc! I find black coffee with cinnamon helps or a cup of oxo or similar. If you stick it out your body will give in soon I reckon!
11 Mar 2013, 20:11
When I feel like this, I have a plate of scrambled egg whites and maybe a few vegies. The protein is important on fast days. Otherwise, stick with it and things will get easier later in the day. Once your body kicks into fasting mode, the hunger goes away. I ate a lot last night, but find that the extra food gets me through fast day, sort of like eating a lot of carbs before a marathon.
11 Mar 2013, 20:21
I also found I was more hungry today and put it down to cold weather. I did indulge yesterday for mother's day although I did have turkey as the meat for my roast (others had 4 bird roast). Still a couple of glasses of wine and a fruit strudel desert meant I had loads more than a normal Sunday. Perhaps the hunger was a combination of both. Have managed to stay strong and stick with it so am pleased my willpower has held out.
11 Mar 2013, 21:06
Thanks everyone! About to go to bed and made it through the day without breaking my fast! Feed day tomorrow!
12 Mar 2013, 01:25
I had a similar experience today, as I had a lot of sugary cookies yesterday, I was VERY hungry by noon, but I was at work and didn't get off until 2. It was HARD! I work at a restaurant which makes my life difficult on fast days. I then made a poor choice for my meal, a big smoothie with greek yogurt, blueberries, banana, peaches and soy milk. That was all my calories and I didnt feel satisfied at all because there wasnt enough protien, it made me cold, and I was hungrier after I had it than before. A few more hours and I can go to bed. Been a hard day!
7 posts Page 1 of 1