The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
craving
11 Mar 2013, 11:01
I am craving Nutella.
It has been a Nutella free household for 2 months and I bought a jar as I am having visitors who love it.
It is, as yet, unopened.
But it's screaming at me...
I have resisted and waited 15 minutes, not hungry but want nutella. Resisted longer (an hour) had a dried fig and 3 dried apricots...
been busy...
want Nutella.
Now had 2 oatcakes but really think my body is craving fat
I'm not hungry, not fasting and am well hydrated
so why, oh why is my body doing this to me! :confused:
Re: craving
11 Mar 2013, 11:12
If you're not fasting...why aren't you having some then? You are not supposed to be denying yourself and thinking some foods are forbidden...it only makes you want them more. Have some nutella...not the whole jar but a normal portion...say two slices of bread with a nice thick spread of the stuff. Eat then slowly, savour the taste...does it taste as good as you thought it would? I'll bet it won't..because the taste in your imagination is always better than reality with these cravings.
11 Mar 2013, 11:16
thank you Caroline!
I suppose I'm worried that I'll start eating it from the jar with a spoon- the best way- and forget to stop!
Having written about it, the 'need' isn't so strong. I think it's the mouth feel I'm after- or the fat.
I'll maybe have some in a wee while if I still feel like it.
Wonderful forum this!
:)
11 Mar 2013, 11:19
I feel your pain, but the whole point of IF is that it is meant to be sustainable where other 'diets' arent. I am on my 3rd fast day today and 2nd week of IF. I havent lost any weight and starting to feel a bit disheartened but determind to keep at it as my stomach feels flatter...BUT the point being the reason I can keep at it is I don't feel 'trapped' in a cycle of calorie counting every day of the week. Its miserable living like that, so have a bit of nutella and enjoy it.
4 posts Page 1 of 1