The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting Euphoria
11 Mar 2013, 19:37
I'm into my third or fourth week of fasting. I am starting to notice that the fasting feels good, really good. Today I am fasting and I feel very mellow and high. I think I may skip eating entirely today, because I want my body to stay in this fasting mode.

Has anybody else felt this high feeling from fasting? What are your experiences?
Re: Fasting Euphoria
11 Mar 2013, 19:48
I always feel full of energy on a fast day, I don't fall asleep on the sofa at 9pm like I usually do. I'm fasting today and am currently starving hungry but enjoying the feeling of lightness and control. I have cut down my cals on fast days to about 400 as I wasn't losing weight on 500. My TDEE is 1700 and 25% of that is 450 so my 400 cals is about what I should be having, I deffo feel different since I've made that change.
11 Mar 2013, 19:57
When I was eating, I took in only a minimal amount of food, a few hundred calories of protein, just to keep me going. But every time you eat, your body switches out of the fasting mode. I am feeling no pain.
11 Mar 2013, 21:23
Gosh, I wish I experienced that! I generally feel OK but not brilliant. No euphoria or even lifted mood. I probably don't make it into ketosis.
11 Mar 2013, 21:27
Yeah, no euphoria here. I don't feel bad, by any stretch. But not euphoric.
12 Mar 2013, 07:07
Hungry and grumpy? If that's Euphoria, then I feels it brother!
12 Mar 2013, 07:26
Can't say euphoric the word smug comes to mind for me. Another successful fast yesterday Yes smug is the one !!!!
12 Mar 2013, 07:39
I love the feeling of "lightness" of the body :)
12 Mar 2013, 11:29
Yes! I do! :)
12 Mar 2013, 11:50
I actually feel the feeling of lightness and euphoria the morning after fasting, and find that I wake up much more full of energy than usual (ie not wanting to get out of bed usually!) Does anyone else find that?!
12 Mar 2013, 12:30
I feel good up until 3 then I get a bit grumpy. If I am at home I have a nap. I love breakfast the next day though.
12 Mar 2013, 12:34
I felt the euphoria moreso when I first started - it was summertime, the sun was shining and I'd pop out to the shop in the morning for some veg - I'd come home sweating and feeling amazing!

I suspect hiding indoors during all this winter weather has put a dampener on my mood somewhat. We had snow yesterday though and I did feel quite chipper as I walked down to the shops. It's sunny today and I feel brighter although not fasting today - here's looking forward to some more sunshine, sweat and feeling good!
12 Mar 2013, 12:44
I get hungry in the late afternoon, too, but I also feel peaceful and calk on my fasting day, an almost meditative alertness. It's like I get into my "zone."
12 Mar 2013, 13:27
The Euphoria is definately the day after fasting.

My pattern is to eat at 8pm Monday, 50 calories during the day and 450 calory meal at about 8pm Tuesday, an early night with my book and break my fast at 12noon Wednesday. This chalks up a 39 hour fast and it fits in with my normal feeding routine. Repeat the above from Wednesday through to Friday 12noon.

When I finally eat on Wednesday I feel sooooo in control and elated that I have successfully completed another fasting session!

I didn't lose any weight last week but lost inches off my waist. Slowly but surely is the strategy not blitz!

I also get grumpy from aboy 3pm to 8pm which is unusual as I am a very chilled person usually! :dazed:
12 Mar 2013, 13:31
I feel the euphoria after a fast day definitely, lots of energy + proud of myself that I managed to get through the fast day
15 posts Page 1 of 1