The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Pear shaped!!!
14 Mar 2013, 08:51
ARGH!
I have been on 5:2/6:1 for about 6 weeks now, I have started going running five times a week (true I am still building up my times & have only done a week and a half)), I also go for brisk walk once a day, I work on my feet and I have two children that I am running around after...
Whilst I have lost inches from my waist and bust (and a little from my hips) my bottom and thighs are staying resolutely where they started! It's so frustrating, I have always been pear-shaped, but I thought all of me would slim down a little, not just certain areas.
I feel I have made it sound as though I am the shape of a bowling pin :) and I'm not, I'm quite in proportion, but if I slim down any more and just off the parts I have already lost inches from, then I wonder if I will end up looking out of proportion!
Anyone have a particular problem area that they can't shift from?
Should I concentrate on any particular exercise? Will the running eventually help?
I suppose I always want speedy results :oops:
Thanks for any advice! :heart:
Re: Pear shaped!!!
15 Mar 2013, 14:27
I am also pear-shaped and no amount of exercise using my lower limbs helped the balance. What I found to work was to take up body fit/body pump, which is a weights class to music. Building up my upper half created a better balance in my body shape with a more even distribution. I didn't bulk up but toned all over. Perhaps you could try some similar resistance training in addition to the cardio?
Re: Pear shaped!!!
15 Mar 2013, 18:27
I don't think running will help your shape, sadly, although it is good for you in other ways! I run and would like to shift more weight on my legs above my knees, but running is best for the lower legs. Cycling is better for the thighs. I found this on pear shapes - it appears weight training is best for pear shapes
http://elena.carson.over-blog.com/artic ... 62157.html
3 posts Page 1 of 1