The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Water and weight loss
21 Mar 2013, 09:43
While I was on the weight watchers diet I noticed that weight loss was better when I drank a lot of water. On the weeks when I forgot to drink plenty I wouldn't lose any weight despite sticking rigidly to the diet. I wondered if there was any research into this so I had a quick google and found this:
http://www.caloriesecrets.net/does-wate ... se-weight/

I know that drinking too much water isn't good either, but I thought this article might be useful.
Re: Water and weight loss
21 Mar 2013, 09:47
I am guilty of not drinking water, Pepsi Max is so much nicer!

I should try more, as the digestion thing is very true.
21 Mar 2013, 14:44
I'm not sure of the scientific basis for some of these assertions plus others are not relevant to our woe. That's not to say one should keep hydrated but it is possible too be over hydrated and in fact people have got into big trouble by over hydrating with water due to salt being flushed out of the body. Just saying...
21 Mar 2013, 16:01
You need chips, salt, vinegar, and water then?? Yummm!
21 Mar 2013, 16:07
In the first week of my fasting diet I put on 2lbs. Not a great motivational start - considering I am a pretty large lady so I was expecting that big initial drop I usually get when starting these things.

But, I do think this could be down to my lack of drinking over those first few fast days. As well as the reduced number of white coffees, you are also not taking in as much water in your food. Fingers crossed over the next few weeks I will start to ensure that I am drinking enough and things will start to work.
5 posts Page 1 of 1