The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
I formally started yesterday fasting. I used to use sparkspeople.com- it was OK but for me its a lot of work since I have a lot of non-list foods as I lived in Australia and now Japan.
Websites such as sparkspeople don't really support fasting as its day-based not hour-based. So is there a website with dietary information set up for fasting diets such as 5:2?
I and many other members use MyFitnessPal to track their fast day calories. It has the advantage of allowing you to add your own foods and recipes which might be helpful if you can't find the foods you eat in Japan.
MFP does warm you when you post a fast day that you will probably die a slow and painfull death if you do it again, you just have to ignore that!

There are also user groups on MFP targeted to people doing 5:2.
I use the fat secret site (links to both of these in the resources section under "essential links"). The fat secret one doesn't nag you about under eating. You can also add your own recipes.

But no site is yet geared up to the fasting WOL!
boboff wrote: MFP does warm you
Good on a fasting day :wink:
I saw that and have registered with that one.
You can do the same with sparkpeople.com- enter foods and use foods that are shared by other people.

I can't get that to work as I select a food and then can't get the information transferred.
How about a website that allows you to download the nutritional information so that I can manage it on spreadsheet?
I use a good old fashioned calorie count book, a diary and pen, also food labels. That way if my computer crashes or the web provider goes into melt down I still have all my info including my weight and measurements. As for recipes I use ones that are already calorised for me or I work it out myself and just write the calories on the recipe. I only ever have to flip a few pages to see what I did last week.
Sorry must be an age thing I just like to hold something in my hand that has all my hard work wrapped up in it. And if I had a house fire my book would be the first thing out the window before the handbag. :-)
8 posts Page 1 of 1