The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

36 posts Page 1 of 3
posting your progress !
23 Mar 2013, 10:15
I really enjoy this site as it is so informative, really useful and I love the glimpses of other peoples lives. The only thing that I find a bit frustrating is the reluctance of lots of people not to publish their progress. Am I alone in this? I know it's not a competition to see who loses most in the shortest amount of time, I just find it really encouraging to be able to look at other people's trackers and be able to see how their journey has gone, dips, rises and plateaus - and I love seeing people losing inches from their waistlines!! (Most likely because I have lost mine and would love it to come back) :smile: Is this British reserve, or as we have so many people from lots of other countries now, is it something else?
Thanks to all who do post their progress, :heart:
Re calculate your TDEE
23 Mar 2013, 10:25
Hi I was wondering do you re calculate your TDEE if you lose weight as surely you should
Re: posting your progress !
23 Mar 2013, 10:34
Hi!
Ive been doing the 5:2 diet for 2 weeks now (done 4 fastings) and i feel great! ive lost 5lb within this time which i wasnt hoping for, as they say 1-2lb a week is a healthy weight lose.
Like you i think its encouraging and motivating to see others progress and if your not having a good day/week than seeing others achievements will motivate you... well it would do for me anyway!
Im really surprised at how easy and affective this 'diet' is. Im looking at it as a lifestyle change more than a diet now.
Good luck everyone!
23 Mar 2013, 10:40
Hello dhana
don't know if it's British reserve! Reading through the boards, there are lots of success stories, and you can use the info on the tracker to get a specific cohort of info (age, gender, time on 5:2 etc)
Is it the more personal info you would like to see?
Carol, you should recalculate the TDEE as your requirement will change.
23 Mar 2013, 11:20
Have you looked at the blogs too? Lots of people posting their progress there! Perhaps people don't realise that they can choose to allow others to view their progress tracker? I've just got another couple of lbs to go and then will hit a big milestone so am intending to blog about that in a few days I hope ;-)
23 Mar 2013, 12:34
Yes, I love to see peoples progress and stats under their photo, and often wondered why some people dont show it, but maybe they havent seen the stats display option in the progress tracker settings?
23 Mar 2013, 13:04
I put private to start off with and then wanted to change it to public but it doesn't show the change of setting?

I was thinking of putting my stats up when I reach a stone off as it shows how non-linear the loss is and I thought it might help people. Not quite there...
23 Mar 2013, 13:20
Neither of you have your charts visible to me! Maybe pm Moogie about it?
23 Mar 2013, 13:27
I just went into progress tracker and rechecked the box from private to let the world laugh at what a fat person I am at the bottom, lets see if it worked!
23 Mar 2013, 13:49
Fantastic loss - well done - thanks for sharing
23 Mar 2013, 13:53
I've just tried to change mine so you can at least see start date, BMI and amount lost. Not sure about the tracker - I've only just started measuring my waist and it isn't changing much even though the weight is coming off!

I do sometimes say if I have been doing well but feel slightly embarrassed about saying so! I know that is a little silly as I like to hear about other people's successes even when I am not losing!
23 Mar 2013, 16:13
Yes I've wondered about this too.
Often I read a post and think it would be very interesting to see how the way they were doing things affected their weight. Not because I'm nosy, but purely to see if I could implement it into my life.
Thank you to all the people who do make their stats available.
23 Mar 2013, 16:18
I changed mine this morning.
But, as someone has run off with the tape measure, I can't measure my waist. I did measure it when I started though and I know I've lost inches from my middle.
I like seeing progress in black and white!
23 Mar 2013, 19:08
I love to see everyone else's stats - it just proves that we really are all in the same boat. :wink:

I have read a lot of posts recently of people talking about how much weight they have lost but there stats aren't public, which is a shame.

I would have to say that it took a bit of working out as to how to make my stats public and I wonder if that's the reason why we don't see so many.
36 posts Page 1 of 3