The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Losing weight, not inches
23 Mar 2013, 17:37
I've been doing the 5:2 diet for nearly 7 weeks now and have lost nearly 3.7kg (8lbs), but don't seem to be losing any inches. So no idea where it's going from, apart from some off my bust (but def. not 3.7kgs)!? Is anyone else finding this?
Re: Losing weight, not inches
23 Mar 2013, 17:51
Hi Major

Welcome to the forums!

It's odd you should mention the lack of inches lost. While I lost a lot from my waist at first, this has slowed right down and yet my weight is still dropping. I'm not sure where it's coming from. I hope it is not muscle loss, but it seems unlikely that it could all be muscle. I haven't measured everywhere but OH says I'm looking thinner in the face.
23 Mar 2013, 18:05
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've lost a stone but I don't feel it. No-one has noticed either. I think that instead of it coming off my belly I'm losing back fat. I know before when I've lost weight and being apple shaped it takes a while to actually see a physical difference.
23 Mar 2013, 18:07
I have noticed the same thing the tape measure says the same thing but my jeans are a lot looser - not going to complain :-) but do wish my waist height ratio would move to not fat!!!
23 Mar 2013, 18:07
Hi thats strange I have lost 8 pounds too and I am not sure where I have lost it as my waist and hips are the same,
23 Mar 2013, 18:32
Hi All
I've only lost 5lbs yet measured today and surprised to see I've lost 2" from hips, 1" from waist and bust. Jeans definitely looser. After a life time of "dieting" I feel my attitude to food is changing and I definitely enjoy everything more. Want to lose another 4lbs to get to first goal before consultation next month re hip replacement op.
26 Mar 2013, 12:37
Sorry all, I just realised I was in work mode when I wrote my first post above and didn't even say hello! So hello to everyone and nice to be a new member on this forum! I'm wondering, like wildmissus if it's back fat that I'm losing, as I've gone down a couple of notches on my bra. Possibly as I've always been pear shaped, we lose it from the top first? I haven't measured anywhere else, just my waist, so perhaps it's coming off my hips or legs.. might start monitoring those too. But I'm not complaining - the great news is it is gradually coming off somewhere and I'm feeling much better. I've never really had an issue with my weight. It's only now I've hit 50 that I've noticed it's been creeping up on me over the years. And it's never affected my confidence - in fact I'm more comfortable in my skin now as a fatter 50 year old than I ever was a skinny 20-something! For me, it's more about how I feel and I definitely feel better, if a bit lighter in weight. The fasts are getting easier and it's nice to know I'm doing it along with so much support from others out there. Thank you!
7 posts Page 1 of 1