The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
5 calorie life saver!
24 Jan 2013, 13:01
I'm fasting today and I prefer to have my 500 cals in one meal in the evening but today I was feeling cold and in need of something so I made a mug of 'soup' from half a Kallo Organic chicken stock cube and boiling water. It was really tasty and warming and just took the edge of feeling hungry. The flavour is really nice and chicken like and for just a couple of calories I think it will be a bit of a life saver when the need arises!
Re: 5 calorie life saver!
24 Jan 2013, 17:02
It's really strange because I don't like thin or clear soups usually but a cup of stock on a fast day feels very substantial and will fill you up much more than expected.

I've been using half a knorr veg stock pot in a mug and it does hit the spot ;)
24 Jan 2013, 17:19
Yes, I always have a mug of vegetable stock for lunch. I reckon it provides some useful minerals as well as the illusion of having had some soup!
24 Jan 2013, 17:52
I, too, have vegetable bouillon for lunch on fast days, and I think it hits the spot quite well. I use Marigold bouillon powder - it comes in various forms, but I think that the vegan one tastes nicest. Sadly, I have the regular one at the moment and not the vegan variety, but you can't have everything!
4 posts Page 1 of 1