The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting and antibiotics
25 Jan 2013, 07:05
Hi,

Do you think it is safe to fast while on antibiotics?

I'm inclined to give it a try as they are the kind that are meant to be taken on an empty stomach, so I think it should be ok.

I read the book but don't think there was any information on antibiotics

Thank you xxx
Re: Fasting and antibiotics
25 Jan 2013, 07:34
I would think it should be ok. I'll see if I can find out for sure for you though.
25 Jan 2013, 09:03
I'd check with the pharmacist who dispensed them but as long as they aren't the kind you have to take with food I can't see a problem. I have medication to take which requires me to eat something but I just time my food to go with (which means I have to eat two meals a day not one)
25 Jan 2013, 10:30
Thank you!

I decided to not fast today as I feel quite poorly and it is not my normal fast day anyway, but will go ahead with my Monday Fast.
25 Jan 2013, 12:57
I checked with a doctor friend of mine who said there's no reason that you couldn't fast when taking antibiotics.

But if you don't feel well it's probably best to do whatever you body is telling you.

Hope you feel better soon!
25 Jan 2013, 15:06
Thank you for checking for me!

Looking forward to my Monday fast ;)
6 posts Page 1 of 1