The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

32 posts Page 2 of 3
I feel that Easter will be a HUGE test for me! With all this meat and ofal and potatoes and breads and cheese and then the desserts... I'll make sure to stock up in club soda and rennies.
I secretly hope that I will be celebrating the loss of a stone on Easter Sunday. ;-)
TML13 wrote: I feel that Easter will be a HUGE test for me! With all this meat and ofal and potatoes and breads and cheese and then the desserts... I'll make sure to stock up in club soda and rennies.
I secretly hope that I will be celebrating the loss of a stone on Easter Sunday. ;-)

When's your Easter Sunday?
Five weeks from today, May 5th.
Yes but sometimes one needs to order in. I cook all my meals everyday, once in a while I want a break...
Ouch. I seriously feel like I've got a boulder in my stomach. Uber uncomfortable. What's that all about?!
Have you got any club soda or a rennie?
Afraid not :( The discomfort will be gone in the morning. I'm just curious about the biological sciency reasoning behind it.
You're used to less and better food I guess. I hope that it won't happen to me because I enjoy doing the pig from time to time! :-(
Pip wrote: Okay I've had a major binge today (hey it's Easter!) and now I feel sick as a dog. My stomach feels bruised on the inside. 5:2 has certainly made binges not as enjoyable as they once were. Ouch.

Hopefully you will be fasting on Monday. I took it easy today and yesterday. Bean soup for dinner tonight followed by some choc covered almonds. No more pigging out. It isn't worth it...
I felt sick for a while after having some Lindt dark chocolate delicacy I had made for Easter. I think it was just too much "fat" for what I am now used to.
A small price to pay for overall feeling much healthier. :wink:
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Do you think if I are pizza a few days after a fast day I'd cope better? It really is my favourite :-/
Hi Claire, I'm wondering how to sort this too. On Easter Sunday we had friends over and I ate a richer meal than I'm now used to, but not really too over the top. I fasted on Monday but by Monday evening I felt really nauseous which continued on till late the next day when I felt pretty much ok.( I ate about 700 cals that day of very plain food.)
I have decided not to fast today( Thursday) as it is my daughter's birthday tomorrow and want to feel well for it.
I'll go back to my Monday/Thurs routine next week.
I wondered if it was unrelated to fasting or maybe too many carbs in the system then fasting. I think next time I have a mini blow out I'll fast 2 days later rather than the next day- see what happens. It's all trial and error for each individual I think.
Overall I'm so happy with this WOE though so I'll keep trialling what suits me! :smile:
Yep - just had 4 biscuits for afternoon tea (the ones with cream between of course) and wished I hadn't!! Bizarre.
Back to report that I still can digest huge amounts of food, LOL!
Had a late lunch today, we were eating from 19.30 till 22.30. Had lots to drink too but no dessert.
Came home, drank a small club soda and now I'm trying to convince meself that I don't want the ice cream that is waiting for me in the freezer. Canny see me not eating it, to be honest... ;-)
32 posts Page 2 of 3