The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
I have learned that it is not a good idea to go grocery shopping on a fast day!
eastbruce wrote: I have learned that it is not a good idea to go grocery shopping on a fast day!

This is too funny as I have just returned from the grocery store and today is a fast day. I spent over $100 in food. I was pulling all sorts of things down off the shelves and tossing them into my cart. You woulda thought the Russians were in the next town over. Last time I did this half the veggies started to go bad in my fridge, but did I learn? No.

I bought a few bad things today, including two containers of salmon flavored Philadelphia cream cheese and a box of triscuits. Salty goodness. Hope I don't eat it all over the weekend....

Am fighting the urge to go back out and buy more things.... almond butter cookies, fresh strawberries, more crackers, fresh bread .... I'm hungry.

I will go to bed tonight dreaming of pizza.
I was wondering if it was OK to do this. I have been going 5 PM to 5 PM. This is my second fast day. Just had a small dinner to break the fast and back to eating normal tomorrow until Sunday evening. Thank you for the comments and sharing your experiences, it really helps!!
I have a question about the 24 hour fast and would love some feedback I complete eating at 8PM then fast 24 hours only with tea, water and coffee. Then for the break fast supper, I don't count calories but cannot eat too much I think because of the fast. My question is after 24 hours is one supposed to eat only 500 calories? How important is this? I have been losing steadily without paying attention to the end of the fast.
Thanks for any help. :heart: :clover:
Hi Rufus, I have done the 24-hour fast (dinner to dinner) from the beginning and find that it really suits me. I think it's easier to skip breakfast and lunch and then be able to eat dinner with the rest of the family. Drinking plenty of water keeps me going!

Good luck!
lillirose78 wrote: I have a question about the 24 hour fast and would love some feedback I complete eating at 8PM then fast 24 hours only with tea, water and coffee. Then for the break fast supper, I don't count calories but cannot eat too much I think because of the fast. My question is after 24 hours is one supposed to eat only 500 calories? How important is this? I have been losing steadily without paying attention to the end of the fast.
Thanks for any help. :heart: :clover:

There are lots of ways to do intermittent fasting. If you follow the Michael Mosley Fast Diet rules, you essentially eat only 500 calories (assuming you are a woman; 600 for a man) within a 36 hour period. If what you are doing works for you, then stick with it... that's my 2 cents.
AiriR wrote: Hi Rufus, I have done the 24-hour fast (dinner to dinner) from the beginning and find that it really suits me. I think it's easier to skip breakfast and lunch and then be able to eat dinner with the rest of the family. Drinking plenty of water keeps me going!

Good luck!

Well, I did not make it a full 24 hours today. I had a few phone interviews in the middle of the day, so I ended up eating two hard boiled eggs just beforehand around 2 p.m. But that's all I ate today.

I will try again for a straight 24 hours on Monday...

Three days of feasting ahead! Did a load of grocery shopping today. Fridge is fully stocked. I can't wait to start pigging again. Oink, oink! I got cookies, cheese, crackers, chocolate covered almonds and more! (Note to self: no more grocery shopping when fasting.)
Hi Rufus, I do the same thing, fast 7pm to 7pm. Eating during the day only makes me hungrier, so find it easier to do the whole 24 hours before I eat. Today was my 8th fast day and it does seem to be getting easier. I don't get hungry until 3pm and that seems to be the peak of my hunger. It tapers off after that. I don't count calories at all.
Don't mean to bump this thread up but I've just read through it!

I'm doing the same 7PM - 7PM 24 hour fast too. I'll have dinner around 7PM before the fasting day then drink nothing but water for 24 hours before having my 600kal meal at 7PM on the fast day, then nothing until breakfast the next morning.

I work nights so this is easy for me as I'm working and then sleeping for a majority of it!
24 posts Page 2 of 2