The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
How long to fast!
25 Jan 2013, 22:43
So many options re length of time between meals on fast day! What's best full 24 hours! 3 small meals? Only breakfast and dinner? Only lunch and dinner?
Re: How long to fast!
25 Jan 2013, 23:31
Partly depends what suits you and is sustainable. Having dinner one night and then nothing until dinner the next night gives a long food-free period and would fit in with eating with the family for example.

Many of the clinical trials have lunch only on reduced calorie days.
26 Jan 2013, 07:35
I have a late breakfast usually 11.30ish then dinner 6.30pm on my fast day, I've not woken up hungry yet the following (feed) day, so I have my brekky late that day too...seems to be working for me.
26 Jan 2013, 08:19
Long periods between food are needed to get the fat burning, but what is best for repair mode, no one actually knows. So as Phil says, you should do whatever works for you.

I prefer one meal in the early evening.
4 posts Page 1 of 1