The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 3 of 3
Hi MGM that's interesting. I only read a few days ago about leptin and wondered whether I should have 1 real feast day a week to boost the leptin. I only started 5:2 last Monday. I had a really good 1st fast. I've done 2 more since and both days consumed 700 calories. I know I wasn't hungry but I was feelin deprived - silly me. The other days I have eaten sensibly (apart from one where I drank wine and that led to eating chocolate) so not sure if I should class that as the feast day to boost the leptin. Anyway the day after my over indulgence I managed to go some way to balancing out the calories. I am still finding my feet. I am currently saving most of my calories for the evening on fast days.
Scifichick wrote: My interpretation is it's all about averages. If it takes a 35,000 kal reduction to lose a lb of fat then that's what it takes. You either have to adjust the amount of kcals on you next fast or feed day, or add in another fast day, or up your exercise. I personally hate calorie counting, it takes all the joy out of food for me when I have to spend ages working out how much this and that are going to cost me, so my aim is to 4:3 it when I'm able until I've got to my target weight.

That's 3,500 per lb of fat not 35,000! Thank goodness!
I am keeping track of the calories I consume on my feed days. From experience I know that I can easily exceed 3,000, cals if I don't. Like others I don't eat just because I'm hungry, but for other reasons, boredom, stress. etc.

I also have a lot of weight to lose. More than sixty pounds, so every little bit helps imho. I still consume the good things on my feed days but now with more reserve and less frequency.

I have found since starting 5:2, that I don't seem to want to eat as much on feed days as I would have before I started. I actually feel fuller on less food and this is after only three weeks of 5:2.

My biggest weakness right now are the urges to eat late in the evening before I go to bed. That is a bad habit I'm going to have to break if I ever want to maintain a healthy weight.
33 posts Page 3 of 3