The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
I have never understood why so many fast all day and then have a large meal in the evening - I always find I do much better with a high protien breakfast, a lunch and evening dinner.
There is news today about a new study showing greater weight loss if you eat most your calories by mid-afternoon:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/e ... ealth.html

Maybe those members here that find themselves "stalling" after the first few weeks might try altering the time of day they eat.

I am having few problems with this diet, results seem a bit slow but I am going to stick with it.

Thanks from Canada, Stan H
I have to agree with the idea i haven't eaten in the evening for a long time - mainly due to my lifestyle (nothing to do with weight loss) and I have way more energy if I just eat lunch and maybe something mid-afternoon.

If I eat in the evening I'm just lethargic and starving the next morning still with no energy..
I'm only on my second fast day so I might change my mind later on, but I think that I will find it easier to skip lunch and eat in the evening because at lunch time I can keep myself occupied easier and in the evening I'll be around the rest of the family who will be eating.
I eat supper on days when I fast. It works best for me. I'm on day 5 and I've lost 4 lbs., so it's working for me.

Eating breakfast saps my energy, so I feel best if my stomach is empty most of the day. I start craving and end up snacking.

Here are some reasons I think it is working for me, despite eating at night and not morning on fast days.

1. I eat a large salad with every supper, fast day or feast day. Just greens and a vinaigrette.
2. I make sure I eat at least two servings of vegetables with every supper, fast day or feast day.
3. I have a piece of fruit after supper, fast day or feast day.
4. I stop eating at 7pm and allow at least 3-4 hours to digest before I go to bed.
There's probably some truth in this, if you can stick to it!
It wouldn't work for me I'm afraid, as evenings, when I'm relaxing, is the time I could eat and drink for England!! Through the day when I'm busy working, I can happily skip breakfast and have a very light lunch, but I do look forward to my evening meal.
I think that's the beauty of this woe, we can all find a way which works for us.
I find I need to eat 3 meals a day, I feel ill if I don't.
Did you see this: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3079 ? That's why I save my calories until dinner.
This is study is about "normal" day-to-day calorie restriction. Not sure if it's extrapolatable to intermittent fasting...
8 posts Page 1 of 1