The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 1 of 2
Never Give Up!
06 Apr 2013, 07:32
Given that this went viral I'm sure some of you will have seen this before. I thought I'd post it here to help serve us all as a reminder of what is possible, not necessarily by 5:2ing but just what is possible.

When you are having a bad day or things on the plan aren't going to plan, come back here, watch this and believe in yourself again.

Never Give Up!

Re: Never Give Up!
06 Apr 2013, 08:40
Wow! Wow! That is so fantastic! Thanks for sharing!
06 Apr 2013, 09:01
Thanks for posting this, oldestswinger. I hadn't seen it before and it really puts one's own weight-loss journey into perspective. If only he could bottle some of his determination...!
06 Apr 2013, 09:13
This is an amazing story, gives us hope. We ALL need to believe that anything is possible! If you want change, you have to change your attitude. I love this!
06 Apr 2013, 09:16
Now thats determination! Sort of puts my random aches and creaks into context!
06 Apr 2013, 10:04
Yes it's truly an inspirational story and of particular interest is the great combination of mindset and motivation that drove the determination to exercise and eat well. In Arthur's own words

"...there were three things that I controlled:

How I think

How I breathe

What I put in my mouth

I took control. I stopped thinking of myself as a victim of my injuries. I stopped thinking of these as permanent conditions. I started thinking of how to fix things. I started working the program every day. I fell down many times. Hard. I got back up every time, more determined than ever to make this work...

...I took ownership – responsibility for what I put into my mouth. I did not realize it before, but I was eating crap. It wasn't good for me, and I knew it but I didn't care. I was communicating to my wife and kids –the people I love the most in the world – that I wanted that pizza more than I wanted the years that I would not be able to spend with them. NO MORE! That is over. I eat healthy food now"

I have taken my own lessons from this and glad that others are equally inspired. Ever onwards! :smile:
06 Apr 2013, 10:14
What an amazing, powerful video. Thank you so much for posting it.
06 Apr 2013, 10:18
I agree, certainly helps put things in perspective! Thanks for posting this oldestswinger, was good to see it again.
06 Apr 2013, 10:27
Hi - I have not seen this before and it brought tears to my eyes...Waht an amazing story and what a courageous, determined man.
06 Apr 2013, 10:44
Inspirational! Thanks for sharing x
06 Apr 2013, 14:35
Thanks for posting it - I hadn't seen it before and it is really inspirational
06 Apr 2013, 19:12
That kind of takes away all my lame excuses, so inspirational!
06 Apr 2013, 21:41
Madann wrote: Hi - I have not seen this before and it brought tears to my eyes...Waht an amazing story and what a courageous, determined man.

yes I too get a tad moist around the eyes when I watch this :oops:
07 Apr 2013, 18:58
This is amazing. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I've put it on my 'favorites' to go back and watch often.
18 posts Page 1 of 2