The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
1st week weigh in - gained 1 lb
08 Apr 2013, 06:24
:confused: Hi all!
I did my two days fasting last week. Weighed myself Friday am - 1.5 lbs loss. Yesterday had a long day on my feet, exhausted last night. Weigh in this morning: gained 1 lb!
What is going on?!
Just stick with it and don't weigh yourself too often. I didn't lose anything for the first three weeks after my first 2lbs. It does work...I'm 15lbs lighter now and so pleased I stuck with it. It's probably water that fluctuates so much. If you really are sticking to 500 cals a day it has to work eventually. Good luck and stay positive!
Worth reading this from the Frequently asked questions board:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1006
Thanks all. I have lost 1/2 inch around my waist so that's something to hang on to!
Hi there, Definately read the link to the discussion that carorees posted,it really helped me. I lost 2lb first week, but when weighing myself 2 days later it seemed to have gone back on! But then after the weigh the following week my total loss was -3lb. I didn't loose anything this week, but measuring myself I have lost an inch off my hips since the start 4 weeks ago.(Not sure about my waist because I measured the wrong area to begin with apparently).No wonder my trousers fit again - yay. Don't loose heart :smile: . I would recommend only weighing at most once per week at the same time each time ie: i do it first thing Friday morning after my 2nd fast.But I know there are many people who can't wait that long. Just don't be discouraged, your issue is a common one, but from what I read, one that works its self out over the long term.
Thanks Chrispaddict! I am on my first fast day this week, and I will only have a meal this evening. The recommendation as that we stick to the diet for at least a month to see any real progress. How long have you been doing this?
6 posts Page 1 of 1