The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Seems an odd thing to happen (but then not only am I new to 5:2 but also to weight loss) but it seems to me that as I lose weight my tummy gets more soft and jiggly. I'm not saying I was particularly, unjiggly, to start with but I do find it strange! Anyone else get this??
Yes. Apparently as the fat is used up, your body fills the fat cells with water. Eventually it decides they aren't needed any more and the flab goes. Well that's what I read but it wasn't in a scientific paper so it might not be true. But I do seen to be more jiggly!
Fingers crossed it does go - it would be most disappointing to go to such lengths to lose weight only to be jigglier than when I started!
It goes. Flabbily is how I felt but I upped the exercise & it's firmer now.
If one loses too much weight, there is some skin that remains unfilled. But with exercise it will indeed go firmer.
Has anyone noticed that the more weight that contestants on the Biggest Loser lose the less likely you will see them without their shirts because of the rolls of excess skin. One of many downsides of crash diets. Slow and steady suits me.
I am noticing jiggly arms (the dreaded bingo wings) and wondering if anyone knows a good exercise for this (not too strenuous!) I am losing my tummy "apron" which is wonderful. I think as someone said previously slow and steady is the way to go - but not TOO slow :smile:
unfortunately, there is a limit to the elasticity of our skin and this is worse with older age. In people who lose a very large amount of weight there is typically excessive amount of skin and no excercise will correct that. Sometimes the only solution is plastic surgery :frown:
Dhana, if you have weights this 10 min session is good for the arms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUPJnzxVEH8&list=FLXKARL2-bMyyJeYWaGYHGXg, otherwise tricep dips off the sofa or chair can help. I did Callanetics years ago (remember that? Painfully effective but boring) and the triceps exercise was quite simple. Keeping your arms straight, imagine trying to clap your hands behind your back and pulse them back and forth 100 times (hopefully I've described that right, can't find a clip).
dhana wrote: I am noticing jiggly arms (the dreaded bingo wings) and wondering if anyone knows a good exercise for this (not too strenuous!)

best exercise in the world for this is playing the drums - worked for me :cool: Mind you the neighbours might have something to say about it as well.
Campanula, I do remember callanetics. Callan Pinkney was determined to turn every one's behind into a Peach! I had forgotten the arm exercise but the memory came flooding back with your accurate description. I'll give it a shot and take up drumming if it doesn't work :smile:
I've just started 5:2. One week in - not much weight lost - but tummy definitely jigglier (word?). I'm combining it with the 30 Day Shred - not too strenuous, 20 mins a day, and packed with exercises for bingo wings and wobble-buts. I'll let you know how it goes, but I have high hopes. You can find the workouts for free on YouTube. Hope it helps! x
Us I agree, I have noticed over the years that as my weight goes down, the fat seems to get softer, then it goes away. When I am at my heaviest, the fat feels solid, so I am loving this, with jiggly soft fat as I go down down down!
*YES, Not us, as in yes I agree.....
Feeling very jiggly just now! How long do I have wait until it goes away Mullumgirl?
15 posts Page 1 of 1