The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
So I'm only on the 3rd day, my first fast day being yesterday, and I can't help but feel strangely guilty! I am keeping a tally in my head of the 'unhealthy' things I've had today, much against my will, although I definitely haven't binged. I had a healthy breakfast, a slightly less healthy lunch (couldn't resist the Wotsits...) and a pizza for dinner. It feels so strange to be on a diet and actively not calorie count or avoiding unhealthy foods for most of the time!

Just wondering if this is normal, if it will pass? If others went through this guilt? I think it's just been so drummed into me that everything unhealthy 'adds up' I can't possibly believe I'll lose weight if I'm allowed to eat treats or drink wine!
I have tried to eat healthily between my fast days' just upping my amount of food to around 2000 calories. At the week/end I did indulge in wine' but seemed hard for me to choose unhealthy options' I didn't want to undoe the good I had dione. I'm sure my mind will relax over the time' and snacking food' and treats will creep in on non fast days. I'm trying to do. 2 fast days' 2 good days and then 3 week/end days . Taking it easy. Good luck, don;t feel guilty just make a conscious choice x
I feel the same :) Don't worry.
Just been to the chip shop and feeling really guilty. However, it will work, it is for me :)
It is absolutely normal and it will go away, I promise!!! :-)

But you will also find yourself eating more healthy and sensibly on your non-fast days.
Lynzinthesun wrote: I have tried to eat healthily between my fast days' just upping my amount of food to around 2000 calories. At the week/end I did indulge in wine' but seemed hard for me to choose unhealthy options' I didn't want to undoe the good I had dione. I'm sure my mind will relax over the time' and snacking food' and treats will creep in on non fast days. I'm trying to do. 2 fast days' 2 good days and then 3 week/end days . Taking it easy. Good luck, don;t feel guilty just make a conscious choice x

Good advice! I'm sure I'll get there, it is such early days. I think knowing that I'm allowed something doesn't make it such forbidden fruit, but it still feels strange to eat it. Sounds like you're being very good, I hope it's paying off!

kristypants wrote: I feel the same :) Don't worry.
Just been to the chip shop and feeling really guilty. However, it will work, it is for me :)

Haha, good to know! I can imagine a takeaway coming up in the next few weeks, seeing as I'm a student with exams coming up...
Nice to see your positivity, though! I've been feeling fairly positive myself (: I really feel like, long-term, this will be a wonderful and healthy WOE for me.

TML13 wrote: It is absolutely normal and it will go away, I promise!!! :-)

But you will also find yourself eating more healthy and sensibly on your non-fast days.

Good to hear! Everything I've read says your tastes change and you just end up making healthier choices but I am terribly impatient and an instant gratification kind of gal... I just keep expecting all these wonderful things to happen immediately haha!
It took me about 2 weeks to take it all in. It's really not that long, honestly!
Beth, I felt guilty on feed days when I first started too! It'll pass. likeTML, it took me about two weeks to get into it, and feel relaxed on the feed days. I was so worried I'd undo any good that the fasting had done by eating pasta! But now, I don't worry.
This is exactly how I feel today and the weekend, I have just done a post about it, although I have stuck within my cal range I feel guilty for the cake and other bad things !
8 posts Page 1 of 1