The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 2 of 2
Earl Grey is my best friend on fast days.

As the weather gets warmer I might switch to sparkling teas...I discovered years ago if you dunk a teabag briefly in a cold glass of sparkling water you get a wonderful instant cold fizzy tea. My favorite is Bigelow Peach.

Don't put ice in till after brewing, the bag will stick to the ice and tear open.
Ellenk wrote: Earl Grey is my best friend on fast days.

As the weather gets warmer I might switch to sparkling teas...I discovered years ago if you dunk a teabag briefly in a cold glass of sparkling water you get a wonderful instant cold fizzy tea. My favorite is Bigelow Peach.

Don't put ice in till after brewing, the bag will stick to the ice and tear open.

What a brilliant tip, I'll remember that one!! :like:
Loved reading some new flavours here...Twinnings Butter Mint is fabulous, feels like a real treat! Think I might have to take out shares in the company soon lol
I have just discovered the Yogi teas - most with spicy notes, their 'Classic' is cinnamon ginger, I haven't tried the Liquorice one as that's a flavour I can't stand. Those are available from Sainsbury's among others and I've also got the 'Rose & hibiscus' from Holland&Barret and it's light, a bit fruity and floral! Their 'Sweet Chai' is really quite fiery & spicy.

Apart from that I have red / fruit ones, various brands but personally found Lipton to be really insipid... I used two bags in a mug.
I have Tetley Green tea with Lemon then add a slice of lemon and a couple of slithers of root ginger. I always find this refreshing on fast or feast days. Another benefit for me is I can also drink it cold!!
Peppermint and Earl Grey are my favs on a fast day.
I'm with ellenk - an Earl Grey with a slice of lemon is lovely on any day.

I'm also partial to teapigs chilli chai one - just a hint of chilli to warm the throat at the end.
I am going to have to make a list of flavors I want to try based on this list. Red velvet chocolate matcha, butter mint, sweet chilli? Yes, please!

Racordes--- I used to drink tons of good earth tea. I love the spicy, sweet flavor.

Ellenk-- love the idea of sparkling tea. I'll have to experiment with some different flavors when it gets warm.
rumbling tummy- no, I don't count calories in herbal teas, though some people do. I'm pretty relaxed about it. I think you can see a post about counting calories in herbal teas if you check out the similar topics at the bottom of the page.

Sorry for the double post!
Just tried fennel tea, could only find Twinings, and it's really nice. A good digestive apparently. Off to make a cup now!
Pip pip
25 posts Page 2 of 2