The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 1 of 2
Hey, just for fun, I was wondering what everyone's favorite teas for fast days are? I love both coffee and all kinds of tea, but I find on fast days I prefer flavored black and herbal teas and iced green and oolong teas.

My current favorites are:
Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice - very strong cinnamon black tea, naturally sweet

Lupicia Champagne Rose - strawberries and champagne flavored black tea

Pukka Love -- rose and chamomile herbal blend

Pompadour Sweet Temptation -- blueberry vanilla flavored hibiscus blend
Hi

I'm a Pukka fan too - 3 ginger, 3 mint, Detox and i LOVE the morning tea and night-time teas :heart:

Twinings fennel and nettle is also a nice one, there are so many boxes of tea in the kitchen at work LOL!!!

BIG fan of herbal teas :lol:
Funnily enough, I was thinking about starting a topic on favourite fast day drinks :smile:

I like:

Peppermint
Green tea with lemon (can't bear green tea on its own)
Strawberry and mango (can't bear most fruit teas but had a sample and love this one)
Butter mint - this smells amazing and does taste lovely
I like earl grey and black tea, but prefer it with milk so I don't drink it on a fast day.

I also love black coffee and even on a non fast day will often have it instead of milky by choice. In fact, I like coffee pretty much any way it can be served.

Douwe Egberts do some lovely flavoured coffees and so far I have tried hazelnut, caramel and vanilla. As a person who generally dislikes 'flavoured' things I was very surprised how much I like these. The taste very natural and make a nice change.
Lulabella- I'm new to Pukka! Just went through a sampler and then bought a box of night time. 3 mint is next on my list! I have to restrain myself from buying one of everything because they all sound so good.

Winsome- I also love coffee any way it can be served :), but definitely prefer it with cream, unless its iced. I like flavored coffees a lot, but yeah, anything that tastes artificial is terrible.
Twinnings Apple and pear green tea :)
Winsome wrote: Douwe Egberts do some lovely flavoured coffees and so far I have tried hazelnut, caramel and vanilla. As a person who generally dislikes 'flavoured' things I was very surprised how much I like these. The taste very natural and make a nice change.

These sound good - can you get them in tesco?? :?:
I drink Good Earth Tea and it satisfies a lot of cravings.
I am a fan of the "Republic of Tea" teas...

Mornings I like their Powdered Green Matcha Tea, which I mix with cream and stevia on non-fast days.

For fast days, I use the Double Green matcha bags (they are less, well green tasting), or their Double Dark Chocolate, and in the evening I like their Red Velvet Chocolate.

I also like "Stash" double spice chai tea bags, and Chocolate mate.

On fast days I tend to prefer flavored teas. Non-fast days not as much.

I also drink 2 bottles of 50oz of water. Into each I put a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar and a squirt of pure liquid stevia. The ACV is supposed to have many health benefits, but mostly it helps me enjoy the water a bit more.
Aren't Pukka teas just delicious, green chai for breakfast, lemon and ginger to wake me up in the afternoon. Also Liptons Moroccan tea which is spiced peppermint hits the spot. Black decaff coffee when fasting but I treat myself to real caffe latte made in a Bialetti pot at home when on the feed times. Drinking lots of tap water on fast times of course. The odd slug of ginger ale is a treat too. Mmmm lovely!
I like peppermint teas, or hot water with a squeeze of lemon and a slice of fresh ginger.

Can't wait til the weather gets a bit warmer and I can make iced tea.
I adore Teapigs liquorice and peppermint tea sound disgusting I know but it really helps on fasting days!
Yesterday I found some Gingerbread Spice teabags from last Christmas. They are really good, and did satisfy whatever sweet cravings I was getting. I also like the Vanilla Hazelnut ones that are made by the same company (Celestial Seasonings). Got me through the day without having more black coffee when I didn't want any more water.
I love Dragonfly Earl Grey Rooibos. I have it with a splash of lemon. Tick Tock do a green rooibos and thats very refreshing. It lacks the bitter undertones of normal green tea. I can't drink normal tea in any quantity due to the oxalate levels. Love my black coffee too, especially on fast days.
Do you count the calories of herbal teas? The packet says 2 calories for 100ml, a cup is about 200ml and I drink LOADS on fast days. :curse:
I've just discovered Higher Living - Sweet Chilli... it smells, tastes and feels sooooooo luxurious... it has cocoa in it too, 8 cals a mug.... Total Yummage!!
25 posts Page 1 of 2