The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
TDEE level categories help
21 Apr 2013, 19:48
Hi all, I need some advice. I've read up on BMR and TDEE and it all makes good sense but I'm not sure what option on the TDEE calculator I should be using.

I work in an office situation all day so am bit of a couch potato but 5 days a week I either walk or row the value of 300 calories per day. So each week I walk/row the equivalent of 1500 calories in total. Would this be classed as light or moderate exercise?

Little or no exercise (ex: desk job)
Light exercise (ex: exercising 1-3 days/week)
Moderate exercise (ex: exercising 3-5 days/week)
Heavy exercise (ex: exercising 6-7 days/week)
Daily exercise (ex: exercising 7 days/week and working a physical job)

Many thanks in advance for your patience and advice............. :smile:
Re: TDEE level categories help
21 Apr 2013, 20:25
Check them both, then see what each says for TDEE. See what it says for calories per day and decide which one you will be able to sustain. Or you could go for the middle between them. Remember, this must be sustainable for you, if you can stay at the TDEE for the little or no exercise then every step you take now will be that much more weight lost. If you use the light exercise, then your weight loss may be a tad bit slower.

If you find that you aren't losing anything then you will know what your true TDEE is and will be able to adjust accordingly.
21 Apr 2013, 20:40
I don't know if you're tracking calories etc but what I do is use MFP to track based on a sedentary job then on non fast days, it rack exercise and calories so I can eat back those burned.... Makes it easier than trying to guess what us light or moderate.....
21 Apr 2013, 23:06
If you use this calculator you don't need to decide if you're sedentary or what! http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html
4 posts Page 1 of 1