The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
I don't think that we can have that in Greece.
Hi all,
Just found this thread after searching 'high cortisol'. I also have a friend with high cortisol levels and my question is 'do you think that our 5.2 WOE will work for her?'
julianna wrote: Just found this thread after searching 'high cortisol'. I also have a friend with high cortisol levels and my question is 'do you think that our 5.2 WOE will work for her?'

I don't think we know to be honest.

Dieting and fasting are likely to increase cortisol in themselves - as reported in this blog

bit more reading at http://www.paleoforwomen.com/shattering ... iterature/
Fasting generally exhibits a heightened stress response from subjects that have undergone testing (all be it that's mice!)

Whilst this doesn't cause concern for the average Joe who doesn't produce too much of the stress hormone (cortisol) logic would suggest that if your body if already producing too much (and it is purely stress related not food related) then this WOE would definitely not be the best lifestyle choice for her.

Too be honest though a doctor is the best person to ask this advice from as I'm sure anyone here would hate to see someone become more ill based on their advice.
Thank you so much Phil and Nieve for your time in answering my question. I really appreciate it. I will show my friend your thoughts and let her decide. :-)
20 posts Page 2 of 2