The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
I've found much the same thing; I simply cannot eat as much as used to do [I've been doing this for 6 weeks now].
I'm heading into my third week (so, so happy to have found this WOE) - I'm so enjoying the freedom to "eat what we want" - and because I have the freedom to do it - I'm finding that I'm not! I did make home made beer battered cod this weekend...that was so good!
Hi, I'm new to this 5:2 diet but I'm finding that I'm more aware of portion control and I keep a food diary with 'My fitness pal'' app. even in normal eating days.I began this regime to maintain my weight loss. My weight is 57kg and I'm 165cm tall but last year I ballooned to 68kg. My diet is mostly a vegetarian food and exercise for 45 minutes four days a week. On my calorie restricted days, I begin the day with porridge made with rolled oats cooked in unsweetened almond milk which I soaked the night before to soften and quickened the cooking process in the morning. I add cinnamon,nutmeg and teaspoon of honey,all together about 273 calories. This keep me full for a long time and I will later have a fruit yoghurt(77calories) -no fat, no sugar added. Dinner what ever rest of household is having but mine is measured and weighted I might go over the 500 limit but not by much. Water and black coffee are my drinks for the day.
Well I hope this will become the 'new normal' for me as I must take better care of me because there is a family history of diabetes and I'm already in my late forties.
18 posts Page 2 of 2