The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

29 posts Page 1 of 2
According to my TDEE I should eat 2009 cals to maintain my weight so that's 14,063 calories per week. On two days I eat 500 cals so that's 1000 gone. Then it varies between 1500-1900 a day so based on say 1800 a day that's 9000 gone, a total of 10,000 a week so I am bound to lose weight, as I walk to work 5 days a week (45 mins) and walk my dogs twice a day! Plus I am trying to stick to around 1500 in the week!

I just love this way of looking at cals, I know they say you don't have to cal count, but I feel I need to as I just love food so much, but I find MFP fun to use so I enjoy that. I felt bad Fri evening as we had an Italian takeout and my cals for the day were 2258 but then yesterday I had 1577 to make up for it!!
True, it's easier when you don't have to restrict calories everyday! I love the weekly graph on MFP as it tells me how many calories I have saved overall :)
Wow, I didn't even know about that one! My goal on there is 1500 a day and I saved 2486 cals last week!!!
It has a graph on the android app, I'm not sure about the website :)
2486 is awesome!
I saved about 4000 this week as ended up doing a 4:3!
Well done!!! I did 4:3 in first week and did lose a pound more than when I did 5:2 last week!
Thanks for the post Claire. I've worked out my calories using your method and should be close to losing 1 pound a week. I did initially but haven't lost much at all for the last month. I think feed day calories must have crept up so now I'm using MFP for a week or two to track exactly what I'm eating. I eat quite healthily but we tend to have big portions so I'm weighing everything. I'm working on the principle that once I 'get my eye in' I can go back to to calorie counting. I swim a couple of times a week before work and OH and I walk after our evening meal if the weathers ok. Lucky you to have dogs!
Its ok just thought I would share, as I feel less guilty for having bad things at the weekend if I am looking at the cals per week! I wouldn't be able to cope with MFP, not yet anyway! It gives me structure! I am sure your weight loss will kick in again with using MFP, I like big portions too but do weigh things now - hubby gets fed up of me scanning bar codes all the time!
IcePrincess wrote: True, it's easier when you don't have to restrict calories everyday! I love the weekly graph on MFP as it tells me how many calories I have saved overall :)

Where can I find this weekly graph? Thanks :smile:

Pia
If you go to the home page, then it has summary, daily and weekly at the top, click on weekly, then you will see a little pic of a bar chart so click on that
Claire23 wrote: If you go to the home page, then it has summary, daily and weekly at the top, click on weekly, then you will see a little pic of a bar chart so click on that

Maybe I am a little brainless hehe - but which home page? :razz: ( sorry but I am Danish :smile: )
I hadn't realised quite how generous our portions were until the other day when I got a M&S ready meal for OH. We hardly ever have ready meals and when it was on the plate it was tiny! The calorie count was 500 so it gave me a wake up call. Thanks for tip about the weekly calorie graph too.
pist1958 wrote:
Claire23 wrote: If you go to the home page, then it has summary, daily and weekly at the top, click on weekly, then you will see a little pic of a bar chart so click on that

Maybe I am a little brainless hehe - but which home page? :razz: ( sorry but I am Danish :smile: )

It's the first page that opens automatically when you click on the app icon, the starting page :)
Just had a look at MFP. Do you set it to lose or maintain to get your calories?
Queen56 wrote: I hadn't realised quite how generous our portions were until the other day when I got a M&S ready meal for OH. We hardly ever have ready meals and when it was on the plate it was tiny! The calorie count was 500 so it gave me a wake up call. Thanks for tip about the weekly calorie graph too.

I love the m and s ready meals, I always top them up with veg!
miffy49 wrote: Just had a look at MFP. Do you set it to lose or maintain to get your calories?

I am sorry for asking that much :smile: . I now found out what you mean about MFP.. My fitness Pal hehe.. I didn't even know THAT :wink: . We have similar in Denmark so I will try to find a site with the same chart.

Thanks a lot for helping out :like:

Pia :smile:
29 posts Page 1 of 2