The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 1 of 2
Prepare yourselves to laugh a lot!!!

I wanted to have a more "official" verdict of how much I lost in cm. At first I used a belt that I was wearing with the same pair of trousers and that it was in hole 2 before I started 5:2 and now it's in hole 5 but it has no more wholes and I don't have one of those magic things which opens new ones (and the trousers are too big anyway, yay). From hole 2 to hole 5 it is 10 cm. Not bad, I think, huh?

Having no measuring tape, and since any other belt is worn over various clothing and it's not very accurate, I thought of using a piece of ribbon.

I cut it to the exact length that goes around my waist at the height of a small birthmark (so that I will measure the same spot over and over again) and I just hope to see the difference.

I know that buying a measuring tape would be easier but I wanted it right here right now. Wish me luck!!! :-)
Wish I'd thought of this - measured self for first time today, with a 40in tape measure ... And you've guessed it, my waist was 39.5 in! Would have been much easier your way, lol!
Lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: Fantastic! 10cm is 4 inches?! :victory: and if you don't get a tape measure then it's time for a new belt! :like:
Silverdarling, there is a Greek saying that very roughly translated says "if you lack of something you form the art of making something".

Betsysgr8, yes, it is 4 inches. Not bad methinks. Thank God I have many belts in many lengths, LOL!
And 10 cms is 100mm- gotta love metric. My measurements, and I measure everywhere, all add up to BIG numbers in centimetres and even BIGGER in millimetres. Love the ribbon though- hope you change colour to reward yourself as it gets even smaller!
I only have one ribbon, LOLOL!!!!
Can you tell I'm not so good in house economics or whatever that's called? No ribbons, no tape measure, no thingy that puts new holes in belts...
The ribbon is a great idea. I am thinking to maybe do a ribbon each month so I can see over time how much my ribbons are shrinking.

Maybe I shall hang them up so I can see the change over time.
5:2 , creativity and art- yet another positive side effect! :)
TML, I was going to say, 'just go and buy yourself an inch tape (Scottish for tape measure) but, hey, life would not be half as much fun if we all did the obvious and easy. There is a saying about necessity being the mother of invention and you have just proved it. Keep up the great work, you always manage to put a smile on my (wrinkled) face,

Ballerina x
What a great thread ! Love TheFrog's idea of coloured ribbons - can see something like that hanging on a wall and being a talking piece - ha ha :lol:
What a great wall decoration Suchard007. Lots of different coloured ribbons in decreasing lengths -can see it now.

Great work TML - a great laugh as usual. Great idea as well -you are certainly one of a kind, naughty gal and all!
Love the idea of the bunch of ever-decreasing ribbons. When hubby first lost weight we had to use a piece of string as tapes were too short. Huge celebration the day he came into tape range! If your belt is leather you can make new holes nicely using a drill with a fine bit. It keeps it usable until the spare length gets too unmanageable. Even then you can trim it off. (Unless its one thats stitched of course.)
Thank you all for the encouraging words and ideas! I'm off to check if I have any more ribbons and I'm also asking my dad to make me a couple of new holes with his drill.
I love this forum, all the people and ideas are fab!!!
Feeling happy with simple things, such as ribbons, is the best aspect of life and dieting!!!
Apparently Greta Garbo or some other Hollywood beauty. I can't quite remember who, anyway she always had a piece of ribbon tied round her waist. If it got too loose she was too skinny. If it got tight she cut back, brilliant idea I think!
Forgive the -probably stupid- question but did she bathe wearing the ribbon?
25 posts Page 1 of 2