The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

54 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: 5:2 diet for vegetarian?
26 May 2013, 23:21
Breadandwine wrote:
I've been a veggie/vegan for over 11 years, now, and I've never felt the need for a supplement (apart from flax seeds) and I'm as fit as a flea!

Cheers, B&W

Hear, hear. Have been some form of vegetarian (now vegan mostly) for 40 years. Family members have gone the veggie route since the 1920s, my own kids raised as vegos and their kids are veggie too. Lots of ways to be vegetarian and most of us are very healthy! Highly recommend. :grin:
17 Jul 2013, 08:05
Hi all still alive and fighting :-)near half of chemio gone few ct scan to do I'm still on 5:2 diet on Monday and Thursday weighing now about 85 kg I started with 102 few months ego body fat reduced from 30% to 24 still high:-( I reduced protein intac to about 50gr per day good quality protein from veg eggs milk dairy thanks every one for support god bless you
17 Jul 2013, 08:12
YAY! Great to hear form you Wojciech! That's cool about the chemo- hope you are bearing up. You must be very strong to manage 5:2 with everything else- respect.
Do keep dropping in and letting us know how you're getting on.
Very best wishes for your continued treatment and recovery.
17 Jul 2013, 08:13
Lovely to hear from you, Wojciech!

Great weight loss - keep up the good work.

And keep us informed of your progress.

ATB, B&W
17 Jul 2013, 09:28
Wow wojciech, I often wondered how you managed as it seemed such a shock to you at the time of your diagnosis and fancy how strong are you keeping up with the 5:2 while on chemo. Good on you and well done as it makes sense as many of us are feeling really well.

All the very best and like Janet & B&W say keep in touch and please let us know how you are going with the chemo and generally
hugs
17 Jul 2013, 13:26
Wonderful news, Wojciech, both about the progress of your treatment and your persistence - and success! - with 5:2. Thank you for the update.

I hope you will keep us posted. We're all cheering for you. I send you more healing vibes and good wishes.
17 Jul 2013, 13:42
Great to hear from you, I've often thought about you and wondered how chemo was going. Glad to hear that you're OK and that 5:2 is working for you!
17 Jul 2013, 22:35
Almost the same as me Nicky_94, vegetarian for 33 years then changed to vegan in February. I had some sort of virus a few months ago and got tested for iron, B12 etc., no deficiencies at all. I started taking 'Veg 1' (vegan multivitamins from the Vegan Society) when I changed my diet soon after starting 5:2 - just to be sure I'm not missing out on anything vital. I don't think that I need them though as my diet is very similar to yours, nuts, pulses and whole foods, plus loads of fruit and veg because I love them so much.

You will get some B12 from milk Wojciech and if you eat other fortified foods you should be OK, but a vitamin and mineral supplement on fast days might put your mind at rest if you are at all worried.
17 Jul 2013, 22:53
Sorry Wojciech, I didn't see your post about cancer, I just read the first page of replies. So glad that you have got through half of the chemo treatment already, keep fighting, we are all here and thinking of you.
...and very well done with the weight loss. :smile:
54 posts Page 4 of 4