The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

23 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: I ate 2 kitkats yesterday
08 Feb 2013, 16:32
I had a kinder Bueno and a Ferrero rocher, What a liberty!!!
08 Feb 2013, 18:29
A bit of what you fancy does you good.
08 Feb 2013, 19:47
I ate a donut at elevenses and a dark choc bounty at lunchtime. :D

Oh well, I can fast again next week... ;)
11 Feb 2013, 13:28
The reason I like 5/2 is just because you CAN eat 2 Kitkats & not have to beat yourself up about it. My kids made jam tarts yesterday and I had several, but whereas in the old days I'd have thought Ohh, that's blown it, and eaten everything in sight, this time I just shrug and am back on a fast day today...
Eat to live & live to eat, I say!
11 Feb 2013, 14:31
I am eating whatever I like on feed days and still losing weight, had 2 takeouts last week and still lost 2lb. It might help that I have quite a lot to lose but if I can't be relaxed the rest of the time then I know I won't stick to it so I have to give it a try while eating normally on feed days. Hope it continues and if it doesn't then I just plan to gradually reduce portion sizes etc till I start losing again .
11 Feb 2013, 14:59
I eat a chocolate bar just about every feed day. I had pizza and an Indian last week on my feed days. I don't only eat junk-food of course and have a varied diet, but I don't do more than a cursory estimate of my calorie intake on feed days. That's the point of 5:2! You eat whatever you fancy for five days each week.
11 Feb 2013, 15:51
Same here YFU, I eat something 'naughty' just about every feed day, if not two naughties! We have takeaways, eat out, have desserts now and then - as well as a generally healthy diet. I don't count calories on my feed days, I just enjoy without super-excess (some excess is alright ;)) and watch the scales go down ;)
11 Feb 2013, 16:47
Like others I have a treat or two on feed days. Must say I still feel a bit guilty having them though. I am hoping this is just because I am currently using the 5:2 (or in my case 4:3) for weight loss so even though I know I will be down at the end of the week you still feel like it could be better and bagels etc are not helping. Especially as I have set myself a date for a weight target so need to lose a certain amount each week to stay on track.Hoping that once I get there the guilt will go!
23 posts Page 2 of 2