The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

23 posts Page 1 of 2
I ate 2 kitkats yesterday
30 Jan 2013, 12:11
After losing 6lbs in my first week yesterday I cracked a bit and ate 2 kitkats and some chocolate :oops:, will be really disappointed if I have put weight on!

It is my first fast day of the week today and I am determined not to weigh myself until Satuurday after I have done both of my fast days.

It does say you can eat what you want on a none fast day, so hope my weight has not been affected. I still ate less than 2000kcals.

Did measure my waist though and appears to be 1 1/2" less than last week but have religiously been doing Davina Mcall workout religiously and 10 mins fat cycle on my exercise bike!

I highly recommend the Davina Mcall free app which has 15 or 20 minute workouts with many different types of workouts.
Re: I ate 2 kitkats yesterday
30 Jan 2013, 12:17
It's sort of the point that you can. I've ate more chocolate than I have for years, bored of it now and the novelty has worn off.

Guilt = depression = comfort eating in my experience.
30 Jan 2013, 12:20
Did you still lose weight?
30 Jan 2013, 12:25
If it wasn't a fast day then you're OK - but just don't do it every 'feed' day!!! Don't beat yourself up about it. Stand firm and get back on track. It will SO be worth it. Good luck
30 Jan 2013, 12:32
I cant see that will make too much difference on a feed day, I had a freddo as it was the only thing I could find in the depths of my bag ha ha, havent replaced it yet and must do so before my daughter realises :oops:
30 Jan 2013, 14:22
Doing it repeatedly will have a much bigger effect than just doing it once. I try to plan treats in, now, so I always have something to look forward to. I know if I cut everything out, I'll binge, so I allow myself a little bit and it seems to take the edge off.
30 Jan 2013, 15:00
Having only done my first fast day on Monday I have found already that I don't want to eat so much on the feast days as I would usually!! I was out for dinner last night and had planned chocolate cheesecake for dessert but found I was too full after my chicken burger so didn't have it. Also today I stopped at Costa and had a coffee and usually that would have meant a cake or something too but I resisted. I am sure it if only the honeymoon phase and by next week I will be back on the chocolate on feast days - making the most of it while it lasts and hoping for a couple of pounds off when I weight on Sunday. Looking forward to 2nd fast day tomorrow!
30 Jan 2013, 17:27
Has anyone lost lots of weight on it yet?, it looks promising so far but I'm only on my second week so I am reserving judgement.
30 Jan 2013, 18:55
Hi Paula, I'm doing Davinas exercise DVD too, but not on fast days. I really feel its helping with the feel good factor!
06 Feb 2013, 20:15
paula70 - I've been on 5:2 since November and have lost nearly a stone. I put on a few lbs over Christmas/New Year - but I can certainly see the scales steadily but slowly going downward. I've got another 2.5 stone to go - so am looking at this as a life change - it seems to be working for me. Good luck, hope it works for you too :)
06 Feb 2013, 20:26
I have lost weight, not too much but enough, about a pound a week.

I've also had chips a fair bit, a takeaway, an all-day brekkie and a cream cake spread over the weeks. I'm doing ADF though so more fast days so taking a very liberal approach to feed days.

Have to say that as the weeks go on, I'm getting more disciplined with the treats and in between the treats, I cook nice food from scratch pretty much every day.
06 Feb 2013, 20:40
As you can see, I've lost 1½ stone. I eat cake and sometimes puddings on feed days. I had chocs too after xmas. Still averaging a bit over 1 lb a week.
06 Feb 2013, 21:24
I had a slice of Opera cake at the new patisserie in town. The pastry chef trained in France and it shows.

Buuuut - I couldn't finish it! I ate about 1/2 of my slice, with black coffee, and I had the rest boxed up to go. Tomorrow is a fast day, and I don't know if I'm going to bother eating the rest of it.

In all honesty, this is not something I would have done a month ago. I would have wolfed the whole thing down whether I wanted it or not.
06 Feb 2013, 22:58
Paula - I've been doing it about 6 months and have lost 15kg (33lbs). The loss has slowed now but is pretty steady and to be honest I have a treat or two most days and still lose weight :)
08 Feb 2013, 15:51
I have just eaten 5 Jaffa cakes and feel very guilty! I shouldn't - it is a feed day and I had a couple of poached eggs on toast for breakfast and a cuppa soup for lunch so not really over done it so far!!

They were nice though! ;)
23 posts Page 1 of 2