The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Night-time grazing tips
01 May 2013, 13:39
A good combination of suggestions in the above postings - when I feel the urge to eat (not need to eat) I ask the same questions as O'Dell and that usually works. If not, I either have a small glass of water or clean my teeth. However, I'm not perfect!!
01 May 2013, 14:02
Hiya
im new to this too, this is my 2nd fast on my 2nd week and ive found that having 1 Borders dark choc and ginger biscuit is great for taking the edge of the chocolate cravings, i eat it very slowly and make it last then when its done wait 10 mins for my brain to catch up and the craving for snacking is gone, it helps i think to have it already in my 500 cals so i know im are getting it, it helps me stop the mindless search for snacks and we have cupboards full of crisps and sweets always..............I also have found that i dont actually need more than this on a feast day either, when im planning on having that mars bar i just cant go it and make do with my wee biccy.
06 May 2013, 12:25
Wow, thanks everyone for all of the fantastic solutions! I've been really really really bad with night-time bingeing the last few days and I feel kind of icky about it. I'm going to work on the 'Hungry/Bored' check every time I go to the cupboard, as well as trying to brush my teeth.
I also have an added piece of inspiration - I've just decided to go on a cruise at the end of the year and I would like to have a bikini-bod for the first time in my life. Maybe if I focus on that I will be able to avoid the cupboard when trying to study in the evenings!
Thanks again!
18 posts Page 2 of 2