The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Yesterday I consumed about 650 calories. I guess it just add up even with lean food

suggestions for compensating

A) dont worry proceed as normal
B) reduce consumption today by at least 150 cal
C) sit-ups , run or other activity
Dont worry and carry on as normal I would say. You did not go that much over.
First of all don't worry about it! Being aware of what you are eating and how much will be useful in the long run. If you really feel that you should do something, look at your overall consumption for the week. 150 extra one day can be compensated for easily by reducing another day if you must. A wee bit of extra exercise won't go amiss either! So basically, any of your suggestions can compensate if you want. Or not...
Mainly A) but if you fancy also B) and/or C) that would be good too! Basically this is a way of life not something that needs to be micromanaged. 650 is still a very low calorie day by any standards!
I was planning to eat 1000 on Monday and 500 yesterday and today. I managed to stay under 900 on Monday so when I realised that I had 519 yesterday, I didn't bat an eyelid.
Go for A, unless B or C comes up.
150 cals over = '(A)', but a 45 minute brisk walk would take care of this...
Personally I'd go with A, though the other options are fine too! It's got to be whatever you feel happy doing. If B and/or C make you feel better about it then by all means proceed! But 650 is still going to give you a nice deficit over the week, so don't worry too much.

Over Christmas I fasted on 600-650 cals instead of 500, and even kept eating up until bedtime the day before, and still lost half a pound over those two weeks (as opposed to the usual 6-8lbs gain!!)
7 posts Page 1 of 1