The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: More poor publicity ...
02 May 2013, 03:55
All you need to know about the Daily Mail's ability to convey information about issues regarding science, medicine & health:

http://kill-or-cure.herokuapp.com/about
02 May 2013, 04:22
badalya wrote: All you need to know about the Daily Mail's ability to convey information about issues regarding science, medicine & health:

The Daily Fail is an absolute joke, the above link just shows how poo they really are! They contradict themselves and post controversial stuff because they don't give a shit about reporting the news, just to get more people commenting via link bait. If they are so concerned about fasting, why are they earning money off the back of their 2 Day Diet then?
arses, the lot of them! Can I say arse? ;)
[edit- removed DF link, don't want to pander to them by linking to them! ]
02 May 2013, 04:28
I don't even think they found anything substantial to say. "Don't diet if you are pregnant, ask a doctor if you have a condition, don't eat lots of crap the day after a fast"... er... thanks for that, it was worth writing an article!

The worth thing is, scores of people will now say: "Didn't you see the article in the Mail? That diet's not good for you!" as if the article actual contained anything factual or convincing.

My mum is very much like that. She just doesn't WANT to diet, she doesn't WANT to get better (despite complaining about her weight all the time), so she finds articles and "evidence" showing that all diets ever suggested to her are bad for you. It's called confirmation bias and it's being fed by silly articles such as this one!
02 May 2013, 05:37
OMG, quick, we'd better do something. This whole intermittent fasting is giving the nation autonomy over their health, weight loss and food choices, that means we're gonna lose money, we need to save the diet and food industries... let's slate this dangerous unsustainable fad!

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
02 May 2013, 06:01
The vast majority of the comments by the general public are overwhelmingly positive. Like they say no publicity is bad publicity!!
02 May 2013, 07:46
Positive comments flying in! We're taking over the world with this WOL!!
02 May 2013, 07:53
dohpeterchina wrote: .

I ask: Is this really good reporting, for me or for significant numbers of others? Can I honestly say I'm backing the Daily Mail to be writing rubbish a year from now?

Hahahahaha!!!!
02 May 2013, 07:58
I just do not buy/read newspapers, anyone can pass themselves off as experts or give an opinion, just need to be able to copy and paste !!!
02 May 2013, 08:02
badalya wrote: All you need to know about the Daily Mail's ability to convey information about issues regarding science, medicine & health:

That is quite brilliant!! Thanks for posting the link. The list is hilarious. I'm doomed because I'm a woman and menstruation causes cancer, but no, hang on, it's ok because I'm married and marriage prevents cancer! Give me strength!
02 May 2013, 08:03
Not to mention what this WoE will do to the House Prices.
02 May 2013, 08:05
Newspapers have no incentive to be right because then they would have to be consistent. It's much better to build something or someone up, then knock down, then build up again, this way they keep the story running and keep the (naive) readers interested.This latest nonsense in the Fail is just part of that pattern. See Glenda Slagg for the general idea.
02 May 2013, 08:27
It's quite depressing that The Daily hate mail is the most read online news publication in the world. I think this song sums them up nicely
02 May 2013, 08:33
Brilliant video :like:
02 May 2013, 09:02
So nice to see that we're all Guardian readers! OMG (from my elevated position can I even bring myself to utter the name?) the Sun. I'm thinking none of us has ever read, I mean sneaked a peek :?:
02 May 2013, 09:10
The selection of photos in the mail is great and very accurate though. Be honest, how often do you stare forlornly at a single pea on a dinner plate, on your fast day? Then inevitably you ram the biggest cream scone you find into your mouth whilst sitting at your desk at work because you have gone crazy with the torture of it all. Just the pictures alone are saying, this is a ridiculous concept don't go there. Still I believe people really do make up there own minds in the end.
33 posts Page 2 of 3