The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Does anyone else not weigh?
03 May 2013, 21:32
ChicagoNancy wrote: My downfall with other diets is always getting on the scale, not seeing a change and then giving myself permission to overeat.

This time around I want to focus on my health, how I feel and let the weight fall off as it goes.

My plan is to weigh and measure every 4-6 weeks.

Are there other scale avoiders out there with me?

My problem entirely. So I have no scales and I weigh only when I have to - doctor or hospital. I am tempted to say chuck out your scales, because I know you are going to want to cheat.
I am convinced it takes longer to see body shape changes, so I am content to wait and see.
My advice is measure as many bits as you can because fat never comes off the places you want it to. I still have a big tummy, but such muscular legs and little bum!
03 May 2013, 21:55
Oh Tammz you will hear about it for sure as I will be singing from the rooftops in happiness!

KataMac, I did take measurements. Plan to weigh and measure again in 6 weeks.

So far so good!
04 May 2013, 00:30
Also trying not to weigh as I get obsessed,and start weighing myself a few times a day and then after a week when nothing happens I give up
So joining you all ,no weighing until clothes feel looser.
I have just started so no change yet but I feel really good.tummy seems a bit flatter.:)
04 May 2013, 03:28
I do weigh myself everyday because we have a scale at work. I regret not taking a picture of my belly sideview because I can't believe how different it looks and I wonder if it is a really as dramatic a change as it seems.
31 May 2013, 09:18
Hi there all, I don't weigh as know only too well from experience how obsessed with scales I get and like others use either a loss or gain as excuse to sabotage. I am judging by clothes and due to yo yo dieting over the years have selection of sizes to try - lol!!!

I've only just joined the forum but started 4:3 5 weeks ago and already down a size. Have awful long way to go but keep telling myself that this is not a race. Friends have already started to notice and now feel ready to tackle the exercise demon

Thank you all for being there when I feel like falling off the proverbial wagon xxx
01 Jun 2013, 00:32
Still not weighed self but this morning I put on my wrap around dressing gown and the pocket is now in the front not on the side....does that mean I am smaller? Lol
I am scared that if i weigh I will become despondent if I haven't lost much
Will keep measuring and checking my clothes
01 Jun 2013, 00:42
Does it really matter what your weight is if you feel and look good? ;)
01 Jun 2013, 07:10
Good morning Betsygr8,

I totally agree with you but, the sad reality is that, for some obscure reason, the blasted things have a way of infiltrating my brain and becoming the focus of my life. :curse: I don't understand why my inch tape does not possess the same ability but there it goes. Scales = madness, :cry: inch tapes = calmness! :smile:

Ballerina x :heart:
01 Jun 2013, 07:22
Agree with Ballerina totally :bugeyes: there does indeed seem to be something about the scales that brings out the obsessive compulsive, so like many on here I am going with measuring, and aim to weigh about once a month. I did weigh and take measurements at the start, as recc by lots here, and quite quickly lost off my waist (but suspect put some back on during holiday) so am just carrying on 'back on the wagon' and will measure self next week, when I will have been on 5:2 6 weeks ... No pressure then :shock: :wink: :shock:
24 posts Page 2 of 2