The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

35 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Sweet or savoury?
03 May 2013, 18:03
Savory for me, especially if I'm hungry. I don't like non-dark chocolate candy and scrape frosting off cakes. If I have a pastry, it is one with little frosting. I was at a meeting last week where they had immense chocolate cupcakes piled 3 inches high with frosting (how do they do that?) and I didn't even think twice about passing it up.

Now, if there's a bit of dark chocolate with nuts and salt--I'm all over it!
03 May 2013, 19:17
Chocolate!
03 May 2013, 19:19
Savoury here - I love spices, chili, etc - but saying that, I do like a sweet now and then; I just don't want to eat a lot of sugar in general!
03 May 2013, 19:21
Savoury for me. Especially when combined with salt :)
03 May 2013, 20:48
Savoury, no, sweet, yes sweet, no, hang on..............savoury......followed by sweet, that's that one!
:smile: :grin: :lol: :victory:
Ballerina x
03 May 2013, 20:59
Savory and carbohydrates............

Ballerina I love your style! X
03 May 2013, 21:00
Ballerina wrote: Savoury, no, sweet, yes sweet, no, hang on..............savoury......followed by sweet, that's that one!
:smile: :grin: :lol: :victory:
Ballerina x

Hehehe!! That's me too! :lol:
03 May 2013, 21:08
I'm savoury wine plus cheese and biscuits are my downfall. :grin:
03 May 2013, 21:11
Sweet for food, but I don't like sweet drinks much. Salted dark chocolate is my favourite of all the things.
03 May 2013, 21:36
What ever I grab first
04 May 2013, 07:42
tell me please what this salt and caramel thing is? New one to me
Not that keen on caramel (except boiled up condensed milk for banoffee pie) but this sounds intriguing.
Cheese (but not as much now as it's awfy rich)
savoury yummy things,
marzipan- that's definitely sweet....um
very dark bitter chocolate- sweet ish
hmm, bit of both really but probably coming down more on the savory side
04 May 2013, 08:09
janeg, salt and caramel is a fairly new thing. President Obama has Halen Mon (sea salt from Anglesey, Wales) shipped out to his chocolate maker to sprinkle over his favourites.
04 May 2013, 08:13
How strange - and is it good?
04 May 2013, 08:19
Halen Mon is a wonderfully pure sea salt that lifts the flavours in good chocolate. It needs to be used in moderation, but a few fine flakes makes sweet things like chocolate or brownies really tasty!
04 May 2013, 08:44
Savoury and spicy - but my favourite Indonesian and Vietnamese curries always get a good dollop of molasses to balance out the flavours . the best of both worlds!
35 posts Page 2 of 3