The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Don't know if this has been asked before:

I’ve been 5:2-ing for about 8 weeks and doing well - inches lost rather than pounds. Decided to try two consecutive fasting days this week (despite warnings that it was hard, even from Dr. M) and I did fine, the second day even easier than usual.

I was feeling proud of my virtuous 2 days with long fasting periods - just an evening meal of 500 cals or a little less. But, then I added my fasting hours and it seems I only had 60 hours of fasting compared with the 72 from two separate fasts - is my brain just foggy or have I fasted for 12 less hours than others?? Does this matter? Should I return to two separate days, even though I found consecutive days quite easy??

Any opinions or advice, please ???
Your maths is right re the number of hours but you have still had two days eating only 500 cal and 5 eating normally so the weight loss should be the same.
Oh my! I did two consecutive days last week and I'm doing the same this week (4:3 both weeks) and I was scared that I did something wrong when I read your post. Thanks for clarifying, Caroline!
Yes, Caroline, thanks for your quick reply - I feel better now. :smile:
4 posts Page 1 of 1