The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi i'm new
07 May 2013, 20:22
Hi all,
I'm new to 5:2 and had my first fast day yesterday, i did split the 500 cals into three though with 200 for breakfast, 50 for lunch and 250 for evening meal. Is this ok? Also when should i weigh myself next? I weighed before i started, but should i weigh again next monday??

My next fast day is tomorrow...and its taking some getting used too...but i like it, feels weird being able to eat what i want on feed days.

Any tips appreciated!

Caroline
Re: Hi i'm new
07 May 2013, 20:51
Hello, welcome to the forum and the 5:2! I have some celery and carrot at lunch on my fast days then have around 450 cals left for my evening meal. It doesn't matter when you eat the cals so what you did is ok, a lot of people save all their cals till dinner time as it has been mentioned that the longer you fast (as in don't eat anything) the more fat your body will burn. So if you don't eat from 8pm in the evening then having dinner around 6pm on fast day that's nearly 24 hours with no food. I don't think there is any scientific evidence behind this in relation to the 5:2 diet so you can just see what works for you.

I weigh myself on a weekly basis after a fast day, I might change to fortnightly as weigh loss does slow down after abit, I have been doing this for 3 weeks and have lost 7 pounds, its my 4th weigh in on Fri - cant wait!

I count cals on feed days as eating 'normally' for me is too much as I wouldn't be fat otherwise!
07 May 2013, 21:58
Hi Curly. Yes your doing it right. I started like you but now leave my calories for a larger meal at night. I don't count calories on feed days I've done calorie counting for so long that Im over it. I just try to eat healthy most of the time but still have some fun along the way.
Once a week weigh in is perfect unless your scale obsessed like me and weigh all the time!!
08 May 2013, 06:30
hello Caroline and welcome- good advice there from wineoclock and claire.
I would just add to measure yourself- at least your waist- and lots of other bits if you like. The tape measure is your friend :)
08 May 2013, 08:52
Welcome curlycaro! I thought I was curlycaro (see my pic left)!

Yes, play around with how you split your calories and see what suits you. For me, I've found it makes no difference to how hungry I get if I have a small breakfast or lunch, so I just save all my calories till dinner.
09 May 2013, 20:08
Hi guys,
Thanks for all your comments, my second fast day was yesterday and i made it! I haven't braved the scales but certainly feel thinner and definately less tired.

I need to sort some recipes that i can cook, or the hubby for evening meals so we're having the same...or at least the same dish but me with no carbs.

I also realised i was fasting for more than 24 hours, as i'd have tea on sah sunday, then fast until breakfast on the wednesday.

I will keep going, i lost 6 stone on weight watchers and because of a busy life have piled 5 back on, i'm hoping just 2 days a week works.

Carorees...i also have naturally curly hair, hence the nickname!!!
09 May 2013, 20:10
L meant until breakfast tuesday...
7 posts Page 1 of 1