The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
belly not getting any smaller
08 May 2013, 22:05
Hi all. Have been doing this for five weeks and have lost 6lb. Woohoo! However, belly still looks about five months pregnant by the end of the day.the first week doing this my belly didn't seem bloated at all and was still relatively flat by the end of the day. Just wondered if anyone else had the same problem? I am 44 and have had 5 children so stomach Muscles aren't fantastic anyway but I do run so feel I have quite a strong core area, except it still has a layer of fat hiding it ! Any ideas? Shelley
I'd do some specific resistance training and ab work, nothing too hardcore. I've found the mix of those with cardio helps me burn off the most fat, and the ab work is specifically targeted to that area x
Evening,

Firstly congratulations on your weight loss!!

Hum are you eating differently now from how you were the first week? It sounds like bloating from what you say, so I would look at what you are eating and try to avoid lactose, or wheat, or fizzy drinks...any of the things which commonly cause bloating. Regarding stomach muscles have you tried doing abdominal excercises? In France where I live every woman gets to do 10 free sessions of abdominal excercises with a physio to put the muscles back in place after pregnancy, and I have to say I didn't bother with my first child but I did with my second and I can really see a difference. It wasn't like normal abdominal excercises I've done in excercise classes etc, these were tiny movements which don't look like much but really work!
amberenchanted wrote: Hi all. Have been doing this for five weeks and have lost 6lb. Woohoo! However, belly still looks about five months pregnant by the end of the day.the first week doing this my belly didn't seem bloated at all and was still relatively flat by the end of the day. Just wondered if anyone else had the same problem? I am 44 and have had 5 children so stomach Muscles aren't fantastic anyway but I do run so feel I have quite a strong core area, except it still has a layer of fat hiding it ! Any ideas? Shelley

Sounds familiar.

Hang in there. Fat is lost at different rates for different people. My fat belly went down a bit, but it has stopped. I have now lost loads of my hips 110 to 103 cm. So my stomach now looks big again - it has been stuck on 96 cm for the last 3 months. I guess that will be the last place to lose weight.

Get your tape measure out and see where you are losing weight and have patience.

At least my bum doesn't look big in this - but my belly. :bugeyes:

Best of luck,
Peter
I can relate - but - although I may feel like my belly is huge, I;'m finding that some of the pants I wore a few weeks ago I can now take off without undoing. Just check it out. BTW I;'ve been doing this for about 8 weeks.
Hi!
I've only been at this for a month, but have lost 4.5 lbs but the waist hasn't budged one bit.... Seem to be losing it in my face and hips. Hoping for a change somewhere down the line. I decided to add some (free) standing ab workouts (10 minutes). I only started this today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hqGEkeG_8#!
hoping for both of us!
mikita
Thank you for your replies. I think I will have to incorporate some Pilates or abs exercises into my day. I hadn't up to now as I was worried that exercise in belly region would tone up underneath muscles causing belly to stick out further! Thanks again x
There have been other threads (or may be just one...can't remember) saying that sometimes you lose inches and sometimes lbs. I've noticed that the decrease in waist does not seem to relate to the loss in weight and it appears that the fat does not reduce evenly all over. I think it will go in the end...patience, patience (is so hard).
An update on this issue -- I just did my weekly weigh in this AM, and I am on target with 5.5 lb. loss in 5 weeks. Waist size hasn't budged one bit. HOWEVER, I noticed that my waist IS smaller when I suck it in and measure! This didn't happen 5 weeks ago, so something is going in the right direction! So I'm hopeful with the abs exercises I've added, I'll see improvement in time. Patience, grasshopper.....
your body decides where to take the fat stores from but from your posts your still getting results, it will happen
Mine either... been on the 5:2 plan for 6 weeks... feel like things are shifting, but not my belly... I've also had a child. I'm just going to have patience... I do feel a shift, and like that feeling... also other benefits, giving my body the break it needs from processing foods to make repairs elsewhere... so far so good, but yes... awaiting a smaller belly!
11 posts Page 1 of 1