The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
I normally do Monday and Wednesdays. Wondering if it would be more beneficial to add more space. Has anyone read up on that?
There are many that do alternate day, 4:3 and of course the 5:2 and some throw in a half-fast once in a while. Other than the 2 days a week, the rest is up to the individual to decide. This WoE is really about what is sustainable for you. If you can only do half a day a week, then that is what you can do and is better than doing nothing.

I personally prefer to have 2 days between fasts but really don't like more than 3.
Just thinking the same thing, I normally do Mon/Thurs, but this week I need to change to today (Weds). Normally I'm a stickler for routine, but am hoping by doing this WOE I will get used to having to change to fit in with my life, and thus not feeling that I have sabotaged myself, if I have to eat on a particular day. Last week I only managed 1 fast day as was traveling but did add 2 days of just 1000 calories. I like the way you can jiggle it around, to compensate, and also allows you to make choices.
I started doing Mon/Weds and found that I was getting more fatigued that usual at the end of a week. My Friday cycle commute was with dead legs. I've switched to trying to keep 2 days between fasts and that's definitely made it easier. It also seems to have helped reduce the 'munchies' on the third/fourth feed day between fasts.

Occasionally, I end up with a one day gap but my body feels better with two.
This is my 20th week and mainly it's been Mon/Thurs, with a few Mon/Weds.
I definitely lose more on the Mon/Thurs weeks.
When I do Mon/Weds, then I've usually gained quite a bit by the Sunday night.
I'm doing Mon/Weds this week, but have decided that just to up the game a bit I'm going to do a half fast on Friday. I'm hoping that will help. I won't have breakfast but then have a non-fast evening meal. On normal fast days my pattern is to just have the one evening meal.
I usually do Monday and Wednesday and really like how it feels. So much so that I'm going to try mon, wed, fri, next week. Alternate day fasting (it's not really fasting as 600 cal can be a lot) has some appeal for me. Of course I do love food and I have a lot of dinners out for work..sooooo....
7 posts Page 1 of 1