The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: 2:5?
17 May 2013, 08:45
This 2:5 sounds a bad idea :confused:
17 May 2013, 08:48
Couldn't agree more with the people above. Stop this crazy behaviour before you seriously damage yourself. You are literally starving, and you are taking dangerous drugs without a prescription. It's insane...
17 May 2013, 08:52
All of the above and then some! Ephedrine can cause severe damage to the heart muscle. By advocating such methods you endanger other people's health as well.
17 May 2013, 08:54
Hi,

I think 5:2 is offering you a healthy and safe alternative to taking these pills. even if you are thinking that they are a quick fix and you can come off them later, they still might cause your body damage.

Please look after yourself.
17 May 2013, 08:55
I agree with everything above. think the best thing about 5:2 is that they are not trying to sell any supplements, powdered drinks, bars, etc but its all about eating proper food. Yes the weight might come off slowly but it's easy to maintain as you are not on a diet 7 days a week but only have to calorie restrict on 2 days.
17 May 2013, 09:09
Ephedrine is a very serious drug, with very serious side effects... the fact that a friend and not a doctor gave it to you it's very scary, and also eating 500cal for 5 days a week ..I don't think is such good idea for you body ad your metabolism in the long term....
17 May 2013, 09:23
This just sounds really extreme. I can see the temptation of fasting more and more days to lose weight more quickly but it doesn't seem healthy. Supplement or no supplement doing 5 500 cal days in a row still sounds like bad news. You may end up damaging your organs and no diet is worth that! Take care.
17 May 2013, 09:26
The way you do it...it is a crash diet. Because of a longer time less eating and a lot of exercize your body is putting his mind on survive. It lowers your metabolism en when your eating your body stores everything for the next starvation period. So in the beginning you wil lost weight but later on you gain it:( Do what you want but I think that 5:2 is extreem enough;)
(sorry for my bad English..)
17 May 2013, 09:27
Look at the instructions/contraindications on any decongestant or cold remedy and it says do not use for more than a few days without consulting your doctor. You are putting your body through a huge amount of stress. The weight you lose will not stay off, as your lifestyle is unsustainable.

Please, please rethink. We will all be here to support you if you decide to switch to 5:2.
17 May 2013, 09:29
so everyone has weighed in about the danger of ephedrine and too few calories... but i'm wondering how long you plan to do this?
because once you go back to eating a regular diet, you will gain back some if not most of the weight. if there is something specific you are aiming for (a role in a movie or something) and you are ok with some weight gain after, that is one thing. but i would be cautious in assuming that you would be able to maintain your new weight once you stop taking the supplement. so, one thing to consider is once you hit 14 st, perhaps go to 3:4 and then at least 4:3? slower weight loss (and possibly a little gain initially), but you'll keep it off longer and be a lot more healthy. JM2C.
17 May 2013, 09:53
Please reconsider what you are doing & stop taking an unlicensed supplement with potentially such harmful side effects. Following 5:2 is also about learning how to live a healthy lifestyle & enables us to learn how to manage our bodies through better understanding of eating normal food on eating days. Crash dieting never works longer term because we gain more weight than we lose once we stop. The only way to successfully lose weight & keep it off is to manage how we eat normal food on a regular basis apart from 5:2 when we choose to eat low calories on two days. Please reconsider what you are doing & also speak with your Doctor about what you are doing. Your longer term health is more important than trying to very quickly lose weight.
17 May 2013, 11:33
I'll say it how I feel it:
A good friend will NEVER, EVER, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS give you ephedrine!!! You are risking your health and your life!!!
There is a reason why this was not prescribed by a doctor, because you won't find one to prescribe something that is held responsible for DEATHS!!!
Please, please, please stop taking that. There are many ways to lose weight but I think that risking your health is not one of them. Or, at least, it is not a good one!!!
17 May 2013, 11:36
I would just like to add - to any newbies that might read this
THIS IS NOT WHAT 5:2 is about!!!

Please do not read this post and think it's a good idea
17 May 2013, 13:34
Give your body a rest - get off the chemicals and do this naturally and be patient.

But that is coming from me who when I first started 5:2 also ditched low fat/diet foods and started making homemade bread as I wanted to reduce the amount of chemicals/additives in the food I eat. To willingly put dangerous chemicals into your body is nuts in my opinion.

I know that the weight loss on 5:2 is slower than many diets but it is sustainable for life. If you can come on board with us as a 'normal' 5:2er (and there are different ways to so it -I do 2 liquid fasts) then you will find loads and loads of support on this forum. We are all in it together.
17 May 2013, 13:44
This is a list of possible side effects when taking ephedrine.

Fast heart beat
Anxiety
Feeling sick (nausea)
Restlessness
Difficulty sleeping
Trembling
Dry mouth
Cold hands and feet due to poor blood circulation
High blood pressure
Headache
Abnormal heart rhythm (cardiac arrhythmia)
Drug dependence
Heart attack (very rare side effect)
33 posts Page 2 of 3