The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Weight Loss Aids?
18 May 2013, 18:20
Hiya, I'm new here and my first day of fasting will be tomorrow (Any advice appreciated!) and I was just wondering if any of you use anything to help your weight loss, besides exercise of course. I'm thinking herbs, diet pills and such. I'm interested because I have real trouble getting weight to come off and I know some things can help when combined with a healthy lifestyle. I'd just like to give myself the best chance!

Thanks!
Re: Weight Loss Aids?
18 May 2013, 18:42
Hopefulheart,
Have a bit of faith and do it the way we are. You don't need any pills, just a bit of determination, planning and knowledge. Stick to the rules, eat normally for five days and eat less for two. Stand back and watch the weight disappear. If you come unstuck for any reason come back on here for support, advice and motivation. :smile:
18 May 2013, 18:44
I'm not aware of any supplement that actually does anything to boost weight loss! There is a lot of stuff out there making dramatic claims but a look at the scientific literature reveals no magic potion!

There's some non-magic things that might help a little, such as eating a low carb diet, getting a good night's sleep and turning down the thermostat. The best way to boost weight loss is to increase activity (not necessarily exercise).

Good luck with your journey!
18 May 2013, 18:48
Thankyou for your replies :) I'm looking forward to seeing what I can achieve and you're right, I'd prefer to stick to an all natural approach if I can. I guess I'm a pessimist at heart, I always prepare for failure....
18 May 2013, 18:56
Couldn't agree more with Carorees and Dhana and they have been here for a while and are very active members of the forum and know lots. When I started 5:2ing I also stopped buying low fat/diet foods and started making my own bread to reduce the amount of additives etc I eat. Don't get me wrong I am well aware that not everything natural is good for you and I am still partial to the occasional diet coke. Give 5:2 a go as it is meant to be, you might be surprised how you get on. If you do get suck then just post your issues on the forum, you'll get lots of replies. 5:2ing is often more about the mind than the body so try and keep positive and be patient.
5 posts Page 1 of 1