The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
newfastdieter wrote: can I ask if soup is acceptable on a liquid only day?

Not sure to be honest, but I'm going to use some soup (300g) on my first few liquid fasts just to get used to not having any solid food on fast days......then hopefully I'll cut that out
Thank you all for your advice - I am going to try it tomorrow. A few weeks ago I didn't think I would be able to last without breakfast, now I do that on my fast days.
Can always jump off if by evening if I am struggling and have a 500 cal meal....
I'm considering this too. May give it a go on Thursday, though it's a busy week and I don't want to throw my body out of kilter. Hmmm. Interesting.
I do this now and enjoy not having the faff of thinking about food or calorie counting. Also like that it gives me a bit more of a buffer calorie wise, it's my weigh in day tomorrow morning but in the 4 weeks of 36hr fasting I have lost 5/6lbs (wont know exactly until the morning) which is more than the just over 1lb loss I was having on 500 calorie 5:2. If you'd have told me I could go that long without food 6 months ago I wouldn't have believed you. I found that initially dinner time was tricky in the same way lunchtime used to be on regular 5:2, but any hunger dissipates quickly now and it has become pretty easy. I do still get headaches on and off the day after but I think these are related to lack of fluids, you'd think I'd learn and actually drink more, but apparently not! Good luck
There are no rules as such to liquid fasting. Personally I wanted to give my body a complete rest from food and get more of the other benefits. I know others who have coffee/tea with milk or a hot chocolate in the evening. If its a clear soup and gets you through it then why not. I go through the day on tap water, sparkling water and herbal teas.

Azure, be careful when you break the fast - you need to have a small, very low carb meal other wise you could be running to the loo! White bread toast (my experience) and fruit (someone else's experience) are not a good idea.
How would a natural yogurt be, wildmissus?
21 posts Page 2 of 2