The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Calorie count help!
20 May 2013, 19:45
I'm gonna start my first fast tomorrow and I'm quite excited!
Went to the shop and bought everything that was low calorie, just to have an exciting range of stuff to choose from tomorrow.

But... Am I doing it right?
This is what I'm gonna eat tomorrow.

Califlower & broccoli: 38 calories per 100g. 300 g bag = 114 calories for all.
Little tomatoes: 20 calories/100g. 300g = 60 calories in total
Mushrooms: 16 calories/100g. 250g = 40 calories.
New York Skinny Soup (that one from a tub, I love it!): 180 calories for the tub.
Raspberries: 32 calories/100g. The bag was 125 g = 40 calories.
SlimSoup satchet: 54 calories

So total calories for all this, if you consider the labeling on the products trustworthy: 488 calories.
I will eat most of it raw or boiled (mushrooms I'll fry in a non-stick frying pan without any fat).

But... It's a lot of food! It's taking up a whole shelf in the fridge. I don't think it'll be a problem fasting if I can eat all that, but then again, am I wrong in my calculations?
Have I missed something or did I just pick bulky food?

Please help! (and wish me luck for Fast Day 1!!! :))
Re: Calorie count help!
20 May 2013, 20:11
Good luck, That all looks good to me :) Not sure of the soup but if it says on the packet then that is fine - Munch away and think of all the vitamins in those veggies, you may want to include next time some protein ! Drink lots of water or low cal drinks and go for it x
20 May 2013, 20:16
Sounds like a plan to me, your calculations seems to be right as well. What I think you might realise is that you might want some more proteins but that can be tried out for fast day 2. I also would like to warn you that my first fasting day was awful I was hardly not functional at work and I think a lot of people share that experience. But keep in mind it get's so much better when you learn what and how you prefer to eat.
20 May 2013, 20:27
Thanks guys!
I've had two "sort of"-fasts already, however they didn't go that well because I didn't know what would work for me to eat (low cal chicken salad just made me even more hungry!) and then I failed when I got home. :(
No failing tomorrow! I think the problem is possibly that I've hurt my foot so I have to take it quite slow at work = I get bored = I eat!! When I'm "up and running" at my normal speed I don't eat a huge amount anyway.
That's why I added raspberries and mini tomatoes = something to munch at when I'm bored at work!
4 posts Page 1 of 1